Why become a member? ×

Sue Ryder Bass Arrived

tom1946

Mine arrived half an hour ago, no brainer for £60 - very impressed, lovely sky sonic blue, nice rosewood board, fret dressing is nice, neck pocket seems tight, ...even the action is good on mine with no buzzes. I haven't plugged it in yet though :)

All in all though very surprised and happy :)

[quote name='sjohns' post='1110763' date='Feb 1 2011, 10:55 AM']Who are they shipping these with, out of interest?[/quote]

Mine just arrived via Parcel Farce. Came with a case, strap, lead and two allen keys. Really impressed - it's very playable out of the box.

The last P-bass I played was an Encore plank that kicked around our school music room 15 years ago. I'd forgotten how BIG they are. This is a really nice bass for 59 notes.

Also just received a tortoise shell scratch plate from ebay, so some light modding is in my future.

[quote name='drewm' post='1110814' date='Feb 1 2011, 11:47 AM']Mine just arrived via Parcel Farce. Came with a case, strap, lead and two allen keys. Really impressed - it's very playable out of the box.

The last P-bass I played was an Encore plank that kicked around our school music room 15 years ago. I'd forgotten how BIG they are. This is a really nice bass for 59 notes.

Also just received a tortoise shell scratch plate from ebay, so some light modding is in my future.[/quote]

Awesome mate, cheers, i shall wait for it to arrive, Looking forward to getting it and modding in the future too myself.

Do have the feeling its a great buy for 59 bucks :)

Well my G Tuner was bent, but doesnt affect playability but i gave it a wee hammering to get it straighter (wasn't a severe bend) and the intonanation (sp?) was already near perfect which surprised me but overall i am very impressed, i have tried and tested some P's in my life and hated them all but for the price and quality you cant afford not to get one or two (or three :)) of these.

Really tempted to buy another and turn it into a P body loaded with two jazz pups with stacked knobs and maybe one day put on a Mighty Mite Jazz neck as i LOVE the feeling of them.

EDIT: I just went to get another Blue P and they seem to have sold out... Wonder who will be the first to sell their Blue ryder for a profit?

2nd EDIT: Just emailed the shop asking if they will have any Blue P's coming in, fingers crossed they do and hopefully they stay at 60 quid.

Edited by Metalmoore

[quote name='allighatt0r' post='1110968' date='Feb 1 2011, 01:42 PM']Just ordered a Navy Blue and sent an email requesting a maple board. :)

EDIT: Has anyone checked out the soldering on these bad boys?[/quote]

You're just down the road, we'll have to compare them when they both arrive. :)

[quote name='drewm' post='1111040' date='Feb 1 2011, 02:22 PM']Mine's white and the rosewood board looks good![/quote]

white (especially that creamy white, not snow-white) and rosewood does look great, my stratocaster is like that... but I *love* maple boards.

I asked whether they expect to have some on maple in teh future... if this bass is any good, and they get maple ones... I'm getting another one. I wanted a cheap bass to leave at my parents' place for when I visit, in Spain, and this would be perfect.

edit: got the reply. The answer is no. They are just wanting to get rid off those guitars hence the sale. Tempted to buy anotehr in any colour with maple neck just to swap... if they're any good.

Edited by mcnach

[quote name='Earbrass' post='1111100' date='Feb 1 2011, 03:10 PM']Any more news/views of the 6-stringers? I don't need another bass, but I could do with a half-decent basic guitar for my studio.[/quote]
I got the red strat (if you'd like some photos I might get them up in a couple of days)

It looks pretty good, the neck is very much straight, the fretwoks is good and the tuners are decent (still in tune after a few of hours of messing around).

Can't really comment on the pickups since I played it through the bass pod (which sounds horrible, but I haven't picked up a guitar pod), but output seems good and the pots are OK (no scratching).

All in all, a lot of guitar for £60!

[quote name='setekh' post='1111151' date='Feb 1 2011, 03:43 PM']I got the red strat (if you'd like some photos I might get them up in a couple of days)

It looks pretty good, the neck is very much straight, the fretwoks is good and the tuners are decent (still in tune after a few of hours of messing around).

Can't really comment on the pickups since I played it through the bass pod (which sounds horrible, but I haven't picked up a guitar pod), but output seems good and the pots are OK (no scratching).

All in all, a lot of guitar for £60![/quote]

Cheers for that. I fancy one of the black LPs myself.

[quote name='mcnach' post='1111075' date='Feb 1 2011, 02:49 PM']edit: got the reply. The answer is no. They are just wanting to get rid off those guitars hence the sale. Tempted to buy anotehr in any colour with maple neck just to swap... if they're any good.[/quote]

It's a shame the line obviously hasn't worked out for them and they're just selling them off to clear stock.

Hopefully our rush on the basses will help SR balance the books. You have to applaud their trying something new - beats selling dusty second hand books and clothes.

[quote name='Earbrass' post='1111100' date='Feb 1 2011, 03:10 PM']Any more news/views of the 6-stringers? I don't need another bass, but I could do with a half-decent basic guitar for my studio.[/quote]

Yep, my white tele has gone back to the parcel farce depot, as I missed them by 5 minutes... bugger.
You did ask for news right? :)