Why become a member? ×

If you could have just one bass...

AndyTravis

[quote name='LukeFRC' post='984998' date='Oct 11 2010, 10:44 PM']a precision. preferably my JV squier. if not a real one from around 1957, but then would you want to gig that? no so my JV squier then...[/quote]

Oh no can someone show him the link to my who actually plays old Fenders thread! You might be surprised who would want to gig that Luke,For a start ME! :)

[quote name='mep' post='985005' date='Oct 11 2010, 10:54 PM']Musicman Stingray, job done.[/quote]

My Stingray would be the one too. It does everything and it does it well. Plus it looks so good, that I think if I ended up stranded on a desert island with it, I could survive just by licking it :)

[quote name='mcnach' post='986465' date='Oct 13 2010, 12:25 AM']My Stingray would be the one too. It does everything and it does it well. Plus it looks so good, that I think if I ended up stranded on a desert island with it, I could survive just by licking it :)[/quote]

Ooo... tricky. As much as I feel at one with my Streamers, I'd stick with my Stingray. Versatile enough to cover my needs and a slap sound to die for. Mmm....POP!

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='986173' date='Oct 12 2010, 08:17 PM']Oh no can someone show him the link to my who actually plays old Fenders thread! You might be surprised who would want to gig that Luke,For a start ME! :)[/quote]

yeah i've read it, i took my old cij precision round scotland in a gig bag in the bottom of a megabus.
you wouldn't do that with a 1950's bass would you? (infact i wouldnt do it again either)

Tough question :) My first proper bass is my 89 Stingray and that bass has more gigs under its belt and made me more money than any of the others (6 now), for nostalgic reasons I know its the one I will never part with, plus it actually seems to sound even better with age...magic tone... yep 89 ray for me!! :lol:

Edited by Tradfusion

It would have to be my 1989 Kubicki Ex Factor. I've yet to find anything that looks, plays or sounds as good as it. It's dependable, and always sounds great. Since I spend most of my time in the studio now, not playing live, I can afford to look after it too. Its one of those absses that you know, whatever you need from it you'll get it!

[quote name='DaveB' post='990522' date='Oct 16 2010, 07:29 PM']The Warwick Infinity 5 string, love those F holes. One day it will be mine. Touch choice between the flamed maple and birdeye top[/quote]

It has to be Birdseye Maple... even though I still own one of these and I'll never let it go (foolishly sold one of them already), it's just not quite as comfortable (especially weight) as my main bass.