Why become a member? ×

If you could have just one bass...

AndyTravis

I must admit, these days i go for quality rather that quantity ( a year ago i had six basses i now have two) and i really love my ken smith 5 but id be perfectly happy to just use my 82 JV squire jazz, a wee bit modified though with nordstrand pickups and a badass and an EMG circuit, ive had it for 17 years and its amazing, quite heavy though, but its going nowhere

[attachment=61658:P1010128.JPG]

"The Next One" - Yup, so it seems, i didn't think there would be a 'next one'.

But....I think this is it until a lottery win for a Smith Black Tiger 4.

On it's way from Jsixties...Burner Artist 1991, been after one for a while, and just when I didn't need it...pop, one lands on here!

I now really need to shift the three basses I was keeping hold of after the big selloff, will wait til i'm back from holiday to sort them.

[quote name='Dread Bass' post='990608' date='Oct 16 2010, 09:04 PM']Probably an ACG 6 string. It covers everything i need except for fretless but id live.[/quote]

I might actually have to change my mind from my Kubicki to my ACG Harlot singlecut. It's incredible, absolutely fantastic. Could it be the best bass I've ever had? A review will follow soon...

[quote name='Chris2112' post='992685' date='Oct 18 2010, 08:05 PM']I might actually have to change my mind from my Kubicki to my ACG Harlot singlecut. It's incredible, absolutely fantastic. Could it be the best bass I've ever had? A review will follow soon...[/quote]

So that's where Peter's bass has gone... nice one! If you have no love for the Kubicki, I'll give it a home. :)

As someone who chops and changes basses all the time it's difficult to pin myself down to one but, as of today, I could happily live with my '86 Fodera Monarch.

It's not as pretty or as beutifully made as the latest ones but it sounds great and has a lot of really usable tonal options - active/passive P pickup at the neck and J at the bridge etc.

It also has a few dings and knocks for 20+ years of playing so it's not one I'd be concerned about using at everyday pub gigs.

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='992700' date='Oct 18 2010, 08:22 PM']So that's where Peter's bass has gone... nice one! If you have no love for the Kubicki, I'll give it a home. :)[/quote]

Yep, I bought it last week? Had you been looking at it? I doubt I'll ever let a Kubicki go again (I've made that mistake before!). It's nice to have a slice of 80's technology sitting around. The Kubicki is just so awesome, nothing else sounds like it and I think I'd miss that sound! If you ever want a go for old time's sake, just PM me.

EDIT: Molan, got any pictures of the 80's Monarch?

Edited by Chris2112

[quote name='Chris2112' post='992814' date='Oct 18 2010, 09:47 PM']Yep, I bought it last week? Had you been looking at it? I doubt I'll ever let a Kubicki go again (I've made that mistake before!). It's nice to have a slice of 80's technology sitting around. The Kubicki is just so awesome, nothing else sounds like it and I think I'd miss that sound! If you ever want a go for old time's sake, just PM me.

EDIT: Molan, got any pictures of the 80's Monarch?[/quote]

I was sorely tempted with that but it was just too radical a departure for me. As for the offer of trying your Kubicki; I may well take you up on that. :)