Why become a member? ×

Flamed or Quilted?

JMT3781

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='855827' date='Jun 3 2010, 10:53 AM']But judging by comments so far, it would seem 'Austerity Britain' is catching on fast! Now, where did I put my ration coupons..?[/quote]

Ration coupons?! Oh, we used t' dream of ration coupons!

And so on.

I have gloriously quilted facing on a bass and I also have one in an off-white.

They both do a great job and have relegated the other 'expressive' bass...but the one that gets the most attention from a looks POV, is the white bass.
It does have a patterned neck and sounds great, IMV..but that isn't what attracts people to it in the 1st instance.

So, after going down this route...and lusting after that quilted bass for ages..I'd get a solid bodied colour next time...well, maybe, a nice tobacco burst, tort plate and rosewood bound neck. Yep..!!

[quote name='wotnwhy' post='855929' date='Jun 3 2010, 11:53 AM']Quilted body, flamed neck, birdseye fingerboard :)[/quote]

Yes yes yes!! - I still ADORE Johngh's Shuker headless.... take a look at this blonde bombshell:

AND WotnWhy's Wonderful Shuker - a Bass that inspired me to go Shuker in the first place.

and whilst I am at it:

is nothing short of spectacular!!!

Edited by dood
Ridden with GUILT I edited my postfor forgetting Tom. I hang myhead in shame!!!

A quilted top can look a bit OTT sometimes in certain colours but thats probably because I am jealous and cant afford a quilted topped bass :)

I think if I was going for a natural trans finish though it would probably be flamed body as I think on the whole it is slightly more subtle, a flamed maple neck and birdseye maple fingerboard, hmmmm maple!

[quote name='dood' post='855939' date='Jun 3 2010, 11:59 AM']Yes yes yes!! - I still ADORE Johngh's Shuker headless.... take a look at this blonde bombshell![/quote]

Thanks for remembering mine... :snob: :rolleyes: :)

which i think looks particularly fetching in the right light, like at a gig last weekend:

[quote name='wotnwhy' post='856132' date='Jun 3 2010, 02:23 PM']Thanks for remembering mine... :snob: :lol: :)[/quote]

Guilty as charged m'lud. I have edited my post! - Tom, I remember visiting Jon for the first time when I bought my first Shuker. Your Bass was there waiting for that mammoth 3 coil custom pickup to arrive! I think it defintely sowed the seeds for getting my own design together! Please forgive me! :rolleyes: