Why become a member? ×

Overwater basses by Tanglewood

crez5150

[quote name='michaelwatmough' post='1146664' date='Mar 2 2011, 01:14 AM']We're very excited about showing these to people. Chris was great to talk to and he deserves success with this range.[/quote]

Great Vid Michael. Wish we had done the same when Chris brought them up to Moffat.
He is really excited about them and i love the way he calls them "Tanglewaters"

Edited by BassBunny

[quote name='BassBunny' post='1146792' date='Mar 2 2011, 09:45 AM']Great Vid Michael. Wish we had done the same when Cjhris brought them up to Moffat.
He is really excited about them and i love the way he calls them "Tanglewaters"[/quote]

Haha, I didn't hear him call them that. But that's good, I'll remember that. Felt a bit mean pointing a camera at him when he was at a key point of a two year process but he was a true gent and didn't bat an eyelid.

[quote name='michaelwatmough' post='1146867' date='Mar 2 2011, 10:45 AM']Haha, I didn't hear him call them that. But that's good, I'll remember that. Felt a bit mean pointing a camera at him when he was at a key point of a two year process but he was a true gent and didn't bat an eyelid.[/quote]

I got the impression he is happy to do whatever to get across the message that these are "Overwaters" made by Tanglewood and not just a licensing excercise.

[quote name='BassBunny' post='1146894' date='Mar 2 2011, 11:08 AM']I got the impression he is happy to do whatever to get across the message that these are "Overwaters" made by Tanglewood and not just a licensing excercise.[/quote]

Yeah, it's a lot more than a licencing exercise. Chris has been to the factory and has been involved in the basses from the ground up, down to every nut and bolt. It shows in the end product. I'd love to see more of this sort of collaboration, I think it's the best way instrument quality can increase within the import market.

[quote name='michaelwatmough' post='1146664' date='Mar 2 2011, 01:14 AM']Chris was great to talk to and he deserves success with this range.[/quote]

Oh dear, fetch the bib please Mrs ead I'm dribbling again :)

[quote name='Brother Jones' post='1148318' date='Mar 3 2011, 01:18 PM']Thanks for that video Michael. The Tanglewaters just look better and better. I suspect they will have a lot of trouble accommodating demand.

I hate to mention this, but has the word 'fretless' been used in any connection with any of them?[/quote]

I didn't hear the word "fretless" used during our visit. I imagine they want to get the production of the range that is [url="https://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=20729515824&aid=269215"]currently available[/url] flowing right before they look at other options, but I wouldn't say it's out of the question.

I'm really very impressed to see chris down there doing his thing. I'm always skeptical with basses nade in the far east then being "setup" in the US or whatever I'm inclined to think it normally means a grunt at the factory has opened it and made sure the neck hasn't snapped!. At the end of the day the proofs in the pudding but much respect to mr may for doing things properly

[quote name='Machines' post='1150904' date='Mar 5 2011, 08:08 PM']Can't wait to try a few at the London Bass Show..[/quote]
Me too, I think the phrase 'Form an orderly queue' will apply. I think these will be the instruments that generate the most interest at the show.

[quote name='ead' post='1154904' date='Mar 9 2011, 08:32 AM']Anybody heard anything more, like when will they be in the shops?[/quote]
I've heard that it will be very shortly - this week next week - and that Chris wanted to change the strings in all of the basses - I guess he didn't want the strings that had sat on them whilst they were in the container on board the ship all the way from Korea. I guess that 350 basses to be set up and restrung will take a little time.

Me - I'm happy and chomping at the bit - happy because of the sheer amount of attention to detail - frustrated that I want to try one out right now.

Great to see all the replies.

OW HQ is very busy at the moment with everyone setting up all the basses - you simply cannot move in the workshop because of the hundreds of instrument boxes!

They will be a full selection of Aspiration Series basses at the show this weekend - plus a selection of Custom Shop instruments (including my own Evolution 6 String)

Stu

[quote name='bleedproof' post='1156592' date='Mar 10 2011, 01:37 PM']Great to see all the replies.

OW HQ is very busy at the moment with everyone setting up all the basses - you simply cannot move in the workshop because of the hundreds of instrument boxes!

They will be a full selection of Aspiration Series basses at the show this weekend - plus a selection of Custom Shop instruments (including my own Evolution 6 String)

Stu[/quote]
As I cannot make it down to London (Carlisle is considerably closer to me in North Lancs/South Lakes) for the show, can we have lots of photos posted of all the models?

Well here is a sneaky peak, the first 22(2 of each model) have gone out and will be at the london show, and as stu was saying a selection of our custom shop are on the way as well, now here at Overwater we are going to spend the next couple of weeks getting through the rest.
[attachment=74513:DSC00559.JPG]
[attachment=74512:DSC00558.jpg]

[quote name='martin lee' post='1157684' date='Mar 11 2011, 09:21 AM']Well here is a sneaky peak, the first 22(2 of each model) have gone out and will be at the london show, and as stu was saying a selection of our custom shop are on the way as well, now here at Overwater we are going to spend the next couple of weeks getting through the rest.
[attachment=74513:DSC00559.JPG]
[attachment=74512:DSC00558.jpg][/quote]

That's not a sneak peak - those are just frikkin boxes you tease. I had a girlfriend like you once. Post a pic of an actual bass! - pref a five string j of some description - there are no pics about of those yet that I've seen. Er... please or something.