It is with great regret that I have to put this on the market. Unfortunately, it seems one side of my flat is falling down and I'm going to need a lot of cash to sort it. Not interested in trades thanks - this is sale only.
Bought from Chris B of this parish in May, this is without doubt the best Jazz 5 I've played (and I've played a few).
Specs are as follows:
- 35” neck
- Alder body and Maple neck with Brazilian Rosewood fretboard
- Seymour Duncan Custom Shop pickups
- Aguilar OBP-3 SK/PP preamp, currently running at 18v (we think it can do 9v as well)
- 21 frets
- 19mm spacing @ bridge
- nut width 1 7/8”
- weight is 8lb 11oz (3.96kg)
- Includes the original Mike Lull semi-hard case (much like the Sadowsky one)
- Volume (pull for passive option)
- Pan pot
- Middle (pull for frequency shift (400/800 Hz))
- Stacked bass and treble (bass at the bottom)
I was put off 35" scale for a while by another bass, but this one completely restored my faith. It has an option for the B string of through-body or conventional bridge stringing. It is almost shockingly light for a fiver (as many Lulls are). The neck is a peach, and the fretwork is the best I've ever encountered.
Its condition is completely unchanged since I bought it - in fact it hasn't left my flat. It is not perfect and has some dints and scrapes, although nothing really visible from the front. The only change is new DR nickelwounds. I'd easily put this up against an NYC Sadowsky - I prefer the more rounded feel of it, as well as the preamp.
Link to Chris's original ad, including pics here (hope you don't mind Chris):
I am looking to get back the £1600 I paid for this, but very near offers will be considered because I'm looking for a rapid sale. Collection preferred (and of course welcome to try), but you're also welcome to arrange your own courier.
EDIT NOW £1400