Why become a member? ×

Westone Thunder 1A May 1984 - on hold - *SOLD*
£350
Emsworth

Petey

Westone Thunder 1A - born May 1984 (as per serial number)

This was another one of those basses I covered as an up and coming bassist at 18 years old. The timing was never right, or I never got he chance to get my hands on a good example until this one came along, several years ago. 

It plays as you would expect of a 40 year old instrument to. It is very resonant and has a pleasant natural un-amplified tone. There are one or two battle scars on it as you would expect of an instrument of this age, but only the right thumb mark above the pickup is the obvious one. No mark gets in the way of the playability of this instrument.

The instrument is ALL original, there have been no modifications or replacement of parts on it. I have uploaded photos to try to demonstrate this and there is also a video on Youtube highlighting its condition, the controls, electronics, weight, nut width and the tones you can get from this bass. This can be found at my Youtube  channel - Peter S.

I am firm on the price as its a very good instrument, in a good state and has stood the test of time. I have maintained this the best I could have over the period I have been the custodian and sell it in all good faith.

I am located in West Sussex, near Emsworth, on the South Coast. Ideally you would travel to try, play and pay for the bass, but I understand that this isn't always possible. Therefore I am open to shipping and would use Parcel Force 48 as they offer insurance, though it can be expensive. Please PM if this is the way you would like to go

Many thanks

UPDATE - the photos were added after on my phone but don't appear here on my Mac.....please look on your phone and on Youtube...

Edited by Petey
dating

Alas - Please read my blur above ....for some reason unknown me I cannot load pictures on my phone to here. Therefore, I have suggested you hop over to YouTube and have a look on my channel Peter S where you will find several minutes if video footage of the bass ....thanks 

• Petey changed the title to Westone Thunder 1A May 1984
11 hours ago, Brother Jones said:

My memory of the Thunder 1A is that the three pots are volume, passive tone, active tone. The switches are active/passive and either a coil tap or a series/parallel. From the logos, that is a relatively late one. 

According to the Aria website it was born May 1984.....

• 2 weeks later...

My first bass was a Squier P bass, almost certainly a Japanese one, before I knew the value, always loved the Thunder 1a. I but I got one and sold the Squeir for stupid (cheap) money. The rule was always one in, one out:sad:. I am tempted, but have five basses at the Mo, and two of them are project basses. GLWTS if it has not sold already

Hi, I had 26 basses until the latest cull where 8 ( including a JV Squire p- Bass) went. At 62 the Thunder 1a came out around the time I started playing but got something else instead... always loved the look, feel n sound of them....it's still for sale, but in current in Gatwick North Terminal waiting for a plane to Egypt for a week so won't sell on here this week😁🌞🌞🌞🐪🐪🐪

• Petey changed the title to Westone Thunder 1A May 1984 - sold