Why become a member? ×

SGC Nanyo MIJ Active FINAL REDUCTION £180. - *SOLD*
£275
Milton Keynes

Steve1967

FINAL REDUCED Price £180.

If this doesn't go now, I’ll just leave it as a fabulous Japanese made wall hanging ornament. 

This is a recently acquired MIJ SGC Nanyo, bass Collection active 4 string bass.

Serial number dates this as being built in 1991.

These are well made and well respected Japanese built basses, but for some reason I am just not jelling with it at all so time to pass it on.

It has a few little nicks and marks on it which you might expect for a 32 year old bass, but overall its a pretty clean and tidy example of one of these.

It sets up nicely, truss and electrics all work as they should.

Great Japanese build quality at very little cost, possibly open to trades, especially a Markbass traveller 115 or 210 cab, but anything else just drop me a message.

Based in Milton Keynes, I don't have a case for this, so collection or local (ish) meet preferred.

IMG_4601.jpg

IMG_4598.jpg

IMG_4587.jpg

IMG_4592.jpg

IMG_4594.jpg

IMG_4589.jpg

IMG_4588.jpg

Edited by Steve1967
  • Like 7

I don't understand why these are so cheap? IMO these are more than equal to slightly earlier Japanese Ibanez, Westone and Squiers that people ask two or three times as much for.

Plus these are beautifully lightweight compared to some of the 80's boat anchors!

Edited by Sparky Mark
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, Marc S said:

Nice colour too. What's the weight of this one? I gather they are quite lightweight.

Using the trusty bathroom scales technique, It's weighting in at 8 lbs, its certainly no heavyweight. 

• Steve1967 changed the title to SGC Nanyo MIJ Active NOW ONLY £200
20 hours ago, Happy Jack said:

Genuinely astonished this is still here - £200 is an absolute steal for this bass.

You might want to try the SGC Nanyo Bass Collection group on Facebook. 

Thanks for the heads up, i'm a member of that group and may post it there, I've always been a bit wary of scammers on FB though.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Rich1221 said:

Still available? I need a better bass than my gear4music p bass bought in lockdown. 
I see everyone rates these bass collections but then I see good things about sires too. 

is this a decent step up?

Hi

This is a Japanese made 90’s bass, made with good quality parts. It played great, weighs very little and sounds really good. 

I never played or even held a Sire so I can’t comment on them I’m afraid.

You’re welcome to come give it a try if you fancy? 

cheers

Edited by Steve1967

• Steve1967 changed the title to SGC Nanyo MIJ Active FINAL REDUCTION £180.

I don't know why you would want to sell this. You can't do a lot with £200 and you probably won't find as good a bass for the money. (This may not be true currently but it would have been 10 years ago).

I've had loads - every time I sold one I would kick myself and buy another. 

They're a great tool to have as back up.

1 hour ago, TheGreek said:

I don't know why you would want to sell this. You can't do a lot with £200 and you probably won't find as good a bass for the money. (This may not be true currently but it would have been 10 years ago).

I've had loads - every time I sold one I would kick myself and buy another. 

They're a great tool to have as back up.

somehow I have mysteriously managed to accumulate far too many basses at present and so am just clearing a few which I’m not feeling the love for presently.

I agree with you, it’s a super bass and it’s worth is far more than the modest asking price. 

• Like 1

• Steve1967 changed the title to SOLD - SGC Nanyo MIJ Active FINAL REDUCTION £180.