Why become a member? ×

How was your gig last night?

bassninja

Not so much last nights gig as much as feedback from last weeks , a friend of rhythm gtr, who is a bass player in another band , stayed to watch and said it was one of the best overall band sounds he has heard in a pub for ages . while I am right chuffed as I set the sound up , I rested my (expensive) Spector and played my bitsa that I knocked up for relative pennies , so naturally I have a little bit of confusion in all this :rolleyes:

Saturday night was fabulous! a good responsive crowd at The White Lion in Harborne.

Nick ( GrammeFriday on here!) came along with his lovely lady Carole to hand over the Bass relay baton...pics available on the bass relay thread.......
So the bass now lives with me in Nottingham if anybody wants to carry on the relay?
I am happy to drive anywhere in the country,given enough notice, to hand it over if needed.

I was surprised how well we played to say it had been two years since we last gigged and had only had two rehearsals!
Nick was kind enough to say that my bass sounded good so I am a happy bunny!

Edited to get Nicks name right! :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

Edited by Raymondo

Good one on Saturday, Particular highlight being the guitarist/singer belting out Rihanna's 'Diamonds' in copy key, when we had all rehearsed it a fifth below. Never knew he could sing so high!!

Brides sister managed to start punch up the night before that! Rather eventful weekend! <_<

A holiday caravan park in Fife.

Entertainment is usually of the one man/woman + midi files type of show.
We were booked as a full five piece, PA, lights, Quo Tribute Show.

Were a bit concerned when we arrived and saw the venue - always a risk of children running around and asking for Lady Ga Ga songs but they were all back in their caravans by the 9pm start time.
The show was sold out and people were turned away, a famous first for us.

Played two 75 minute sets and while no-one danced or shook dandruff onto the floor the audience reaction was excellent and we went down well.
Sound was good in a low ceilinged room full of human baffles.
Talk of a return booking next year.
We really must concede defeat and learn bloody In The Army Now for next time.

Only downside was getting home at 3:30am but that's Rock & Roll

Thengyewangoonite! :i-m_so_happy:

[quote name='Raymondo' timestamp='1412081846' post='2565415']
Saturday night was fabulous! a good responsive crowd at The White Lion in Harborne.

Nick ( GrammeFriday on here!) came along with his lovely lady Carole to hand over the Bass relay baton...pics available on the bass relay thread.......
So the bass now lives with me in Nottingham if anybody wants to carry on the relay?
I am happy to drive anywhere in the country,given enough notice, to hand it over if needed.

I was surprised how well we played to say it had been two years since we last gigged and had only had two rehearsals!
Nick was kind enough to say that my bass sounded good so I am a happy bunny!

Edited to get Nicks name right! :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:
[/quote]

Aaw, really sorry I missed this, sounds like it was a great night. Unfortunately a good mate of mine was playing at the Lamp Tavern, Digbeth on the same night so I had to go to that. Which was also a good night.
But why do things always clash? :rolleyes:

Let us know if you play in Brum again.

Edited by seashell

Played at the Attic in Tamworth last night. Really good little venue.
WWas the first gig we've played since I finalised my pedal board and since our guitarist got a whole new set up. Was good to hear how we sounded outside of the practice studio... Which was very good!

Had a gig last night with Musical youth at the Ultimate 80's weekender at Butlins Skegness. We played really tight, great on stage and FOH sound and crowd loved the set. junior Giscombe was on before us and Bad Manners afterwards. I should have posted earlier that we were at the 80's night in Bognor Regis on Friday night.

[quote name='jazzyvee' timestamp='1412492567' post='2569224']
Had a gig last night with Musical youth at the Ultimate 80's weekender at Butlins Skegness. We played really tight, great on stage and FOH sound and crowd loved the set. junior Giscombe was on before us and Bad Manners afterwards. I should have posted earlier that we were at the 80's night in Bognor Regis on Friday night.
[/quote]
What's your band ?

Played the Swan in Farnborough last night, cracking gig, good crowd of our regular followers and some good local support. Our singer worked out it was our 200th gig! Amazing, over five years that's not a bad return. Had our original drummer with us as well, good timing as our new regular drummist wasn't available and old one was back in the country for a few weeks! Only downside was that the DJ fired up after we finished and getting the gear out was through a bunch of pissed up clubbers!! Ugh, I must be getting old, being twerked at when you're carrying a 1x15 doesn't do it for me anymore!!

[quote name='rogerstodge' timestamp='1412511014' post='2569429']
aha... Pass the dutchie..
[/quote]
Yep that's us. At the moment we are finishing of a new album so it will be interesting to see how it is received when it's released.

We are also playing at the St. Albans Arena on 25th with Maxi Priest.

Edited by jazzyvee

Had a great gig on Saturday night. Headlined the Klub Kakofanney 23rd anniversary, at the Wheatsheaf in Oxford.

Its basically a night that has run for 23 years on the first Friday of every month in Oxford, and each year they do a whole weekend. Its always a busy night and a great crowd.

Also was the first time I have played synth live and it went down well. Loads of people going crazy and dancing and copping off with each other in the crowd.

An amusing point was, we saw my guitarists twin brother necking this very fine lass on the dance floor through our last couple of songs. When we spoke to him after, she was only with him because she 'fancied' our guitarist and his brother looks just like him, so next best thing I guess..... :)

Couple of badly taken photos from peoples phones. Was pretty hard with all the purple lighting apparently.

[quote name='jazzyvee' timestamp='1412536596' post='2569748']

Yep that's us. At the moment we are finishing of a new album so it will be interesting to see how it is received when it's released.

We are also playing at the St. Albans Arena on 25th with Maxi Priest.
[/quote]hope the new album does really well Jazzy.

Saturday night at Rigger in Newcastle Under Lyme. Celebrating a couple of birthdays; the venue's first and mine (I'm a little bit older…)

Last time we played there supporting German Rockabillies "Boppin' B" there were less than 20 people in the audience and we were beset by technical problems. This time it was much better attended and even though guitarist Stevie Vee broke a string on the opening song he played through the whole set without it being at all obvious. We had birthday shots on stage mid-set and rocked like bastards. Afterwards the evening got a bit messy...

Apparently we have a return booking already!

Edited by BigRedX

Exhausting! Sat/Sun night weddings in a Scottish Castle (Shieldhill) Middle of nowhere then a coastal hotel (Brisbane in Largs) so with travel not home till 03:30 each night! Crowds went crazy and we are plastered all over that horrid Facebook today. Many many beautiful ladies in attendance all attracted to...lead f**kin guitarist.

Old Bassman sounded absolutely marvellous in the old castle, tempted to keep carrying the weight.

Edited by Leslie77s

Slightly odd gig for us, playing to a ticket-paying seated audience as support for an excellent guitarist/singer (Matt Woosley). Despite a good and professionally managed PA I could hear very little of our guitar or vocals and was not happy with my performance, but we went down well and have been assured of further gigs there.

Got a text from a promoter as we left the stage asking us if we could gig tonight as well, so bad memories will soon be exorcised.

Just back from a gig on Marlborough, booked at last minute due to another band cancelling. Much better gig for me than the night before as I could hear everyone else properly, but the singer preferred the previous gig as she couldn't hear herself through our monitors tonight. Seemed to go down well with the audience, which is the main thing.

A good gig at really nice venue The Nottingham Contemporary.
The lovely soundguy had done some prior research and listened to a few of our tracks to get a feel for our vibe, and did a great job both FOH and in the stage mix. The rider was a huge saucepan full of beer!

As an originals band, it's not that often that we have an entire night to ourselves. Thankfully a really decent crowd turned up - maybe around 150 people and they were dancing from the second song. We tried two new songs which went down really well.
Great night

Edited by Roland Rock