Why become a member? ×

How was your gig last night?

bassninja

1 hour ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

That’s what we do. We play what we like rather churning out the pub rock band standards. We should share set lists.

It’s more fun for everyone in the end as they’re not hearing Sweet Child O Mine or All Right Now for the millionth time. They get edumacated on newer shizz 🤓

• Haha 1

Cracking gig last night in a new venue for us, The Leathan in Portlethen, just south of Aberdeen.  Everything went great - easy load in, big area for us to set up in, a good sized crowd who were well up for the gig and I think we played really well too.  Went down really well and impressed the proprietors so there's talk of being asked back for more gigs.  A very successful night all round!

• Like 7

Excellent evening at Friars Inn in Hemel Hempsted. Clint has thrown everything possible to turn this pub into a venue - and it shows's. Backline is provided, so I just plugged in my bass and bass butler into venues amp and was good to go. Stage sound was best I've ever had - could hear absolutely everything. We were paid the second we walked through door, each given a generous amount of drink vouchers and we were also fed - we've never been looked after so well. We were support to XSLF (who were brilliant). We went down very well, didn't sell a huge amount of merch, but signed a few set lists and event posters which was a compliment to be asked, but signing things for people weirds me out!

• Like 11

Just now, Combed20 said:

I'm in PSA - Public Service Announcement. Have you played there @Lozz196 ?

I’ve not but I’m local, it’s less than a Mike away from me, and Steve the guy who does the sound is a mate of mine. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lozz196 said:

I’ve not but I’m local, it’s less than a Mike away from me, and Steve the guy who does the sound is a mate of mine. 

Steve did the sound last night. I made sure to let him know ( and thsnk him) it was best in stage sound I've had. He was brilliant last night.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Merton said:

Cracking gig with the modern rock covers band (called Wednesday’s Child). It’s always a risk playing songs which nobody knows to a crowded pub but we went down great. I think it’s the best we’ve played yet, even my BVs weren’t horrendous, and we had a blast. Had some lovely feedback during the break and at the end, people commenting on how it was cool to see a band enjoying themselves so much, or how, despite not knowing the songs immediately, the energy and passion brought them across really well and played into bringing the crowd out of their shells. Great fun.

And yes, the drummist had spent the week prior to this cleaning his kit 😂

FDE0FB3F-053D-44CD-80C4-B5A827368480.thumb.jpeg.495305cb137d59ba8df1af93f9f33b1d.jpeg

Isn't that the band that Wendy sings for?! I had no idea you were her bassist! Will have to come and see you guys sometime!

• Like 1

My little 80s style Goth duo did a full 2 hour set at The Blue Boar in Aldbourne (also known as The Cloven Hoof in the 1971 Jon Pertwee era Dr Who episode The Daemons). Being local, we absolutely filled the place (& beer garden!) I thought it was the best we've ever played and we now have the next studio session fully paid for as a result. The kids dressed up gothic (my 5yr old niece does a mean Wednesday Addams)! I played bass (obviously), mandolin, tenor banjo, bodhran and a bit of vocals too. Couple of free drinks and my good lady made us a chilli for after. I think even Mick Jagger would have been jealous of this one! 

5d743760-9fee-4d71-b73f-e804395f00b0.thumb.jpg.1ae07f960f76486f9878e96b958cced6.jpg

• Like 10

We've just done 3 gigs last week after a month's layoff due to health problems with some of the band.

We still were a cellist down (damned Covid again) but did the gigs as a 7 piece.

Started off in High Wycombe, then down to Weymouth finishing with a nice ferry trip over to Shanklin

on the Isle of Wight. The gigs went well, audience figures holding up too despite all the financial woes

around at the moment. Good to be back doing it again.

7e3bd845-d237-4d03-bd70-fe017041cbbb.JPG

486fffb5-3b46-4b6b-8033-5fdb32545990.JPG

• Like 18

1 hour ago, casapete said:

We've just done 3 gigs last week after a month's layoff due to health problems with some of the band.

We still were a cellist down (damned Covid again) but did the gigs as a 7 piece.

Started off in High Wycombe, then down to Weymouth finishing with a nice ferry trip over to Shanklin

on the Isle of Wight. The gigs went well, audience figures holding up too despite all the financial woes

For tribute bands like yours and at your level of competence you will always pull a decent crowd.  

There are a few tribute bands i know off that for me sound exactly like the originals with you guys being one of them. 

I was never a big ELO fan but after seeing you guys i found myself listening to them a lot more.

All the best

Dave

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, casapete said:

What’s the band called, looks a great set up

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

For tribute bands like yours and at your level of competence you will always pull a decent crowd.  

There are a few tribute bands i know off that for me sound exactly like the originals with you guys being one of them. 

I was never a big ELO fan but after seeing you guys i found myself listening to them a lot more.

All the best

Dave

Same for me Dave, first thing I did after getting home from seeing Petes band was order a couple of ELO CDs.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lozz196 said:

I was going to try and get to the Wycombe show Pete, sadly couldn’t make it as was on call for work, glad it went well.

You could just have quoted the immortal JL:

‘Well, can't you just let it ring a little longer, longer, longer…’

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lozz196 said:

Same for me Dave, first thing I did after getting home from seeing Petes band was order a couple of ELO CDs.

Band are excellent but the highlight for me other than Pete himself was watching the 2 girl cello players singing along and then producing some great syncopated dance moves with their cellos. Both of them just looked like they were having a great night out. That kind of relaxed playing and enjoyment just rubs off on the audience who will naturally respond with appreciation.

Great band.

Another tribute to watch out for is Ultimate Bowie. Another fantastic show. 

ELO Experience, Ultimate Bowie and MacFloyd are probably my top three tribute bands.

Dave

• Thanks 1

On 16/04/2023 at 17:44, Combed20 said:

Excellent evening at Friars Inn in Hemel Hempsted. Clint has thrown everything possible to turn this pub into a venue - and it shows's. Backline is provided, so I just plugged in my bass and bass butler into venues amp and was good to go. Stage sound was best I've ever had - could hear absolutely everything. We were paid the second we walked through door, each given a generous amount of drink vouchers and we were also fed - we've never been looked after so well. We were support to XSLF (who were brilliant). We went down very well, didn't sell a huge amount of merch, but signed a few set lists and event posters which was a compliment to be asked, but signing things for people weirds me out!

We (and three other bands) are supposed to be playing there next Saturday, though Clint hasn't been answering his phone apparently, so we aren't 100% that its going ahead.

Good to hear the backline is ok, Trace 15" combo I was told.

Full Maple Road gig Saturday night. We'll play for an hour and 20 minutes.

Blues has been called America's only true original American music art form; whether it's Chicago blues, delta blues, New Orleans blues, or southern rockin' blues. These blues bands showcase the diversity of what the term 'blues' is all about. A 2-day festival of live Blues music you don't want to miss! Buy a ticket for day 1 (Friday, 4/21/2023) or day 2 (Saturday, 4/22/2023) OR buy a 2-day pass to experience both nights of The Bend's first ever Kettle Moraine Blues Fest.

Friday, 4/21/2023:

Night 1 of Kettle Moraine Bluesfest (Friday, 4/21/2023) features The Dave Steffen Band followed by The Cash Box Kings.

Saturday, 4/22/2023:

Night 2 of Kettle Moraine Bluesfest (Saturday, 4/21/2023) features Maple Road Blues Band followed by The Jimmys.

By presenting an eclectic  of blues, rock, and folk jams, Maple Road Blues Band is a band that does not fall short of keeping an audience entertained and intrigued. While honoring musical heroes and legends, the group also strives to craft original and memorable tunes that allow each band member and the audience to interpret the music.

Doors open at 6:30 PM to give you time to find your seats, visit our historic lobby, concession stand and fully stocked bar!

Show begins at approximately 7:30 PM

FB_IMG_1675726361450.jpg

FB_IMG_1678429864126.jpg

• Like 6

Support act for a band in Brum. Headliner was supplying a 200w Warwick Gnome with a 110 cab, which I didn't think would cut it for how loud we play, so took my Ashdown RM500 and a 210 cab. On stage sound wasn't great for monitoring so glad I could crank my amp to get some top end out of it.

The singer from my old metal band 2006-2007 came along too, hadn't seen him in 15 years so that was cool to catch up. Not a big turn out at about 25-30 people but first gig of the year and blew the cobwebs out.

No particular issues or messups - solid performance.

image.thumb.png.1f24945764805f9a6b4ffc0e8b610c33.png

• Like 9

17 minutes ago, Machines said:

Support act for a band in Brum. Headliner was supplying a 200w Warwick Gnome with a 110 cab, which I didn't think would cut it for how loud we play, so took my Ashdown RM500 and a 210 cab. On stage sound wasn't great for monitoring so glad I could crank my amp to get some top end out of it.

The singer from my old metal band 2006-2007 came along too, hadn't seen him in 15 years so that was cool to catch up. Not a big turn out at about 25-30 people but first gig of the year and blew the cobwebs out.

No particular issues or messups - solid performance.

image.thumb.png.1f24945764805f9a6b4ffc0e8b610c33.png

That’s a cool looking bass

• Like 2