Why become a member? ×

It's happened... I'm GAS-Free...

wateroftyne

Nice Precision? Yep.
Nice Jazz? Yep.
Nice fretless? Yep.
Nice amp? Yep.
Nice, modular cabs? Yep.
Nice combo, with removable head in case main amp fails? Yep.
Nice strings? Yep.
Nice straps? Yep.
Nice cables? Yep.
Nice headphone amp / tuner? Yep.
Nice hard cases? Yep.

Ummm.... what do I do now?

I'm totally GAS-free.

And I'm not sure I like it.

Anyone selling a rosewood 3TSB Roscoe Beck?

i'm chasing a 75 reissue jap jazz, maple board with pearly blocks and binding in lake placid blue on ishibashi.
If they say it's still available, i'll be gas free.
Damn time difference, sweaty palms...

Nothing to be afraid of, not 'needing' that new bit of gear would be a godsend for me...

Edit; I've attached the picture of the bass.

This is frighteningly close to being mine.
I need Ishibashi to respond to my e-mails.

I'm hoping they've had a few days off or something, i did a 'buy/enquire' as well as a 'contact us' and now the bass has gone of their 'for sale' page.

Nightmare. Watching my Dream bass dissapear!

Edited by AndyTravis

altho I've always fought to be a free man and own as many basses as I please - I'm [b]all in favour[/b] of being gas free because GAS always leads, inevitably, to FART -

[b]F[/b]eeling [b]A[/b] [b]R[/b]eal [b]T[/b]art ie. too many basses induces a Catholic upbringing guilt type neurosis of having indulged too much - which bass do I play, which bass is to be THE bass, which bass will give me THE sound...a sure path to madness and sleepless nights.

Happily now trimmed down to three, what I consider, quality basses.

(For now)

[quote name='Jigster' post='694889' date='Dec 28 2009, 04:29 PM']altho I've always fought to be a free man and own as many basses as I please - I'm [b]all in favour[/b] of being gas free because GAS always leads, inevitably, to FART -

[b]F[/b]eeling [b]A[/b] [b]R[/b]eal [b]T[/b]art ie. too many basses induces a Catholic upbringing guilt type neurosis of having indulged too much - which bass do I play, which bass is to be THE bass, which bass will give me THE sound...a sure path to madness and sleepless nights.

Happily now trimmed down to three, what I consider, quality basses.

(For now)[/quote]

Interesting. I have found that my pent-up GAS has been released as GRUNT - [b]g[/b]ear [b]r[/b]educed to [b]u[/b]nemotional [b]n[/b]ecessary [b]t[/b]ools. Do I need a new bass? No - so I don't get one. Do I need a new amp? Yes, my current is underpowered. So I get one. Got GAS? Just GRUNT.

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='694710' date='Dec 28 2009, 09:38 AM']Nice Precision? Yep.
Nice Jazz? Yep.
Nice fretless? Yep.
Nice amp? Yep.
Nice, modular cabs? Yep.
Nice combo, with removable head in case main amp fails? Yep.
Nice strings? Yep.
Nice straps? Yep.
Nice cables? Yep.
Nice headphone amp / tuner? Yep.
Nice hard cases? Yep.

Ummm.... what do I do now?

I'm totally GAS-free.

And I'm not sure I like it.

Anyone selling a rosewood 3TSB Roscoe Beck?[/quote]

Maple board fretless Precision.........?

[quote name='JimBobTTD' post='694894' date='Dec 28 2009, 03:45 PM']Interesting. I have found that my pent-up GAS has been released as GRUNT - [b]g[/b]ear [b]r[/b]educed to [b]u[/b]nemotional [b]n[/b]ecessary [b]t[/b]ools. Do I need a new bass? No - so I don't get one. Do I need a new amp? Yes, my current is underpowered. So I get one. Got GAS? Just GRUNT.[/quote]

I've had to start GRUNTing as the result of my recent Precision purchase (as will be more than evident in the Basses For Sale forum over the coming weeks), and it's quite refreshing isn't it :)

C

It won't last. I was GAS free (and thought I hated P-basses) until I played a really nice '66 Precision on honeymoon. Now I'm as GASsy as a really GASsy thing... It's still there and I still have a credit card. Could get messy...

Edit: scratch that - it's gone now :) (the bass, not the GAS)

Edited by Bigwan

[quote name='Bigwan' post='695396' date='Dec 29 2009, 09:40 AM']It won't last. I was GAS free (and thought I hated P-basses) until I played a really nice '66 Precision on honeymoon. Now I'm as GASsy as a really GASsy thing... It's still there and I still have a credit card. Could get messy...[/quote]
Ah, but as you've found out, all GAS leads eventually leads to a P... and I've already got one. :)

EUB... already been there. Enjoyed it, but don't miss it.

FX? Nah.. dunno when I'd use them.

*stares blankly at the wall*

Pfff....