Why become a member? ×

It's happened... I'm GAS-Free...

wateroftyne

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='694710' date='Dec 28 2009, 09:38 AM']Nice Precision? Yep.
Nice Jazz? Yep.
Nice fretless? Yep.
Nice amp? Yep.
Nice, modular cabs? Yep.
Nice combo, with removable head in case main amp fails? Yep.
Nice strings? Yep.
Nice straps? Yep.
Nice cables? Yep.
Nice headphone amp / tuner? Yep.
Nice hard cases? Yep.

Ummm.... what do I do now?[/quote]
You get a nice MM Stingray. Two, actually: fretted and fretless.

Seriously, no love for the 'Ray? To me, there are three basic rock bass sounds: Precision, Jazz and Stingray. You're one down, Mr B. :)

"Coming Out" and saying that you are GAS free is similar to an admission that you are not. Something will catch your eye and then GAS will be rampant again. I can guarantee it ! :rolleyes:

To be honest I've given up ever being GAS free. Over the years I've had Sei's, Alembics, lots of Status's, Jazzes, Aria's and all manner of exotica bass wise, and I'm still looking for the perfect bass, why I continue to bother God only know's. It's not like I'm off out gigging every weekend at the minute. :)

But still GAS Rules !

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='694710' date='Dec 28 2009, 09:38 AM']Anyone selling a rosewood 3TSB Roscoe Beck?[/quote]

Don't sound GAS free to me :)

My Status Empathy 5er headless, RH450 and 2xDB112's are doing it for me. But then there's the Alembic 'thing'.

Edited by GreeneKing

[quote name='The Bass Doc' post='696996' date='Dec 31 2009, 10:09 AM']I can confirm that WoT is not into 60s Precisions - I offered him my sonic blue '62 (it even rhymes) for £750 and he declined. Mind you it was 1983. I may try him again at £800, what with inflation and all.[/quote]
You're living in cuckooland, mate. £800? I could buy a new one for that!

Start thinking more around the £500 mark, and we can talk.

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='696987' date='Dec 31 2009, 09:56 AM']Heh... I'm TV-logo all the way![/quote]
OT, but does anybody know of a website that shows the evolution of the Fender logo over the years (like [url="http://www.musicmanbass.org/mycustompage0008.htm"]this one for MMs[/url])? I keep hearing different terms for different logos, but I don't necessarily know what they mean...

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='694710' date='Dec 28 2009, 09:38 AM']Nice Precision? Yep.
Nice Jazz? Yep.
Nice fretless? Yep.
Nice amp? Yep.
Nice, modular cabs? Yep.
Nice combo, with removable head in case main amp fails? Yep.
Nice strings? Yep.
Nice straps? Yep.
Nice cables? Yep.
Nice headphone amp / tuner? Yep.
Nice hard cases? Yep.

Ummm.... what do I do now?

I'm totally GAS-free.

And I'm not sure I like it.

Anyone selling a rosewood 3TSB Roscoe Beck?[/quote]

Its only a matter of time!!lol Happy new year!!