Why become a member? ×

tuner reccommendations?

Dronny

I use a Korg Pitchblack. It has a nice clear display, it's simple and easy to use, it picks up the low B-string of my 5-string bass easily, I can use it as a mute switch as it's a pedal tuner, it doesn't add any noise to the signal, it's compact, and at around £55, it's good value too IMO.

[quote name='jonny-lad' post='633169' date='Oct 22 2009, 09:07 AM']I use a Korg Pitchblack. It has a nice clear display, it's simple and easy to use, it picks up the low B-string of my 5-string bass easily, I can use it as a mute switch as it's a pedal tuner, it doesn't add any noise to the signal, it's compact, and at around £55, it's good value too IMO.[/quote]

+1

[quote name='jonny-lad' post='633169' date='Oct 22 2009, 09:07 AM']I use a Korg Pitchblack. It has a nice clear display, it's simple and easy to use, it picks up the low B-string of my 5-string bass easily, I can use it as a mute switch as it's a pedal tuner, it doesn't add any noise to the signal, it's compact, and at around £55, it's good value too IMO.[/quote]

+2

+3

edit: You know, maybe we should just create a poll for this and then get it set as a sticky?

S.P.

Edited by Stylon Pilson

[quote name='simon1964' post='634589' date='Oct 23 2009, 05:39 PM']The one I wouldn't recommend is the Behringer rack tuner. Slow and doesn't track well[/quote]

Yup. I leant mine to a friend and am not that bothered about getting it back. Rubbish. It had troubles with Eb, so I'm sure it wouldn't handle B either.

• 2 weeks later...

[attachment=35940:855419.jpg]

This is mine. I've had no problems with it and it seems to be accurate. Totally bomb proof too, it feels like it's made from the armour plating they use on tanks :)
I've threatened to throw it at our drummer when he cocks up, damn thing would kill him. :rolleyes:

Korg CA30. Nine quid new,fits in case and at that price can afford 2 or 3! Works fine too.

Don't know about anyone else, but I always tune my Musicman after its been out of its case in the room where the gig is for say 30 mins.
Can honestly say have never needed to retune it during a gig EVER, not even in the hottest sweatiest pub! Am I just lucky (or deaf?)