Why become a member? ×

New Geddy Lee Colour

Musicman20

[quote name='Musicman20' post='522768' date='Jun 24 2009, 05:49 PM'][url="http://www.fender.com/products//sear...tno=0257702300"]http://www.fender.com/products//sear...tno=0257702300[/url][/quote]

Well IMO that's the best looking Fender I've ever seen...

;-)

Edit:

Blast! the OP has replaced the link with a picture of some horrible looking sunburst J-bass...

Edited by BigRedX

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='522922' date='Jun 24 2009, 08:23 PM']Is it just me who doesn't like maple with blocks?

It seems 99% of the blocked boards I see are maple, but I think rosewood + MoP looks loads nicer.[/quote]

I don't like maple and black blocks either. I like maple and pearl blocks, though I prefer rosewood too.

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='522922' date='Jun 24 2009, 08:23 PM']Is it just me who doesn't like maple with blocks?

It seems 99% of the blocked boards I see are maple, but I think rosewood + MoP looks loads nicer.[/quote]

I do, but not black blocks, I personally think it looks a bit daft. Pearl looks a ton better.

I like the new colour all the same, it's got that mid 70's Fender vibe I love. Black pickguard over sunburst = brilliant IMO.

:) Thats exactly the same as my 75 USA reissue apart from the decal looking slightly different, i've had impure thoughts about selling it too so i could fund a Lakland JO4 or DJ4...hmmmm Edited by Rasta

[quote name='WinterMute' post='522981' date='Jun 24 2009, 09:27 PM']Sunburst isn't a finish a Geddy Lee Jazz should be available in...[/quote]
Sunburst is a finish that NO guitar or bass should be available in, especially fenders with their atrocious colour blending.

Someone once said to me "Fender sunbursts come in two types - Target or Sunstroke" :)

Edited by RhysP

[quote name='jezzaboy' post='522977' date='Jun 24 2009, 09:18 PM']Never seen Ged using this one. Well sexy. The red one is a custom shop model if I remember right and he also uses a Jaco. On one song. Makes you bloomin sick.

Jez[/quote]

He's used one like this live on Between The Wheels (with the E string dropped to a D) during the R30 & S&A tours.