Why become a member? ×

You know how some ads scream "avoid"?

Jakester

Gigs in the summer and spring of this year. Sounds like the place you want to be to hear some guy's somewhat skewed, invective about anything it seems. I'm interested by "basic competence" but a "good feel", they seem a bit at odds. As does "basic reliability and discipline", surely you are or aren't? Anyone responding to the ad might get to feel what Gilmour, Wright and Mason felt during The Wall period and beyond.

• Like 1

On 31/01/2024 at 12:03, Beedster said:

I very nearly applied but I'm looking more for an originals set-list focussed on issues such as contamination of the food chain and the abuses of Big Pharma. Guess the search continues 🤔

I don't know, Chris - he would probably add them to his portfolio of conspiracies if you asked nicely.  Or maybe he didn't have room to include everything.  I mean, man, he left out chemtrails!

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, prowla said:

Just imagine rehearsals, or sitting in the van going to a gig.

I did wonder how they could actually coordinate rehearsals, as no-one will want to be tracked by 'the man' by using their phones, and presumably using powered speakers is out as a result of the effects of electromagnetic fields...

I think the prospects of "a gig" would seem pretty remote!

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Newfoundfreedom said:

There's a guy local to me who had a great band. Then he refused to work with anyone who isn't vegan. 

He's now a solo act with an acoustic guitar. 

True story. 

Let’s hope no hide glue or bone was used in the construction of his guitar! 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/03/2024 at 10:37, Jakester said:

I think the prospects of "a gig" would seem pretty remote!

Yes and No. I bet Trump rallies pay really well, and no credible musical act allows the use of their material so could be an easy one.

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...