Why become a member? ×

Soloking Roscoe Beck IV copy

MichaelDean

8 minutes ago, LukeFRC said:

Anyone live near Guildford want to do us all a favour? 

And while you're in there, be sure to weigh it.

I had two of the real thing (thank you @silverfoxnik 😂) but had to sell them for the heinous crime of weighing 11lbs. That's each, you understand.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, neepheid said:

Well, don't buy it then, simples!

I don't see any issue with the bridge placement/alignment wrt the neck and fingerboard edges.  Pickups could have used being a mm or two to the right.  Eh, if it doesn't work, send it back.

I do!

High G string does appear to be a bit closer to the edge of the fretboard than the low E string, all the way up as far as that picture allows you to see.

And while the pickups seems perfectly in line with the neck on that photo the bridge doesn't quite.

Not that I personally think it impose a real issue, but I am pretty certain the bridge is in fact slightly misaligned, and that that is the main reason for the strings slightly misaligning with the pickup pole pieces.

Edited by Baloney Balderdash

1 hour ago, Happy Jack said:

And while you're in there, be sure to weigh it.

I had two of the real thing (thank you @silverfoxnik 😂) but had to sell them for the heinous crime of weighing 11lbs. That's each, you understand.

Mine was absolutely fine and I’m a lightweight zealot. Should have listened to the shop assistant and not traded it in. :facepalm:

It was the neck profile that was always the bugbear for me.

• Sad 2

16 hours ago, Baloney Balderdash said:

I do!

High G string does appear to be a bit closer to the edge of the fretboard than the low E string, all the way up as far as that picture allows you to see.

And while the pickups seems perfectly in line with the neck on that photo the bridge doesn't quite.

Not that I personally think it impose a real issue, but I am pretty certain the bridge is in fact slightly misaligned, and that that is the main reason for the strings slightly misaligning with the pickup pole pieces.

Looks like the neck just needs a loosen and a little pull to the left.

I've had good luck with off looking bridges by loosening them a bit and giving them a little turn to straighten them too. 

There's always a bit of wiggle room 😉

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, ead said:

Interesting and also tempting, but I do prefer the black ones.

I am flipping back and forth between the two - giving some serious consideration to taking a punt on one of these.  A little early Xmas present to myself, perhaps?  I too, am gravitating towards the black, that faint sparkle in the finish coupled with the cream pickguard is starting to look really nice, when for a start I was all about the LPB.

At the serious humming and hawing stage, coupled with a quick look at the bank balance...

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ead said:

Interesting and also tempting, but I do prefer the black ones.

32 minutes ago, neepheid said:

I am flipping back and forth between the two - giving some serious consideration to taking a punt on one of these.

IIRC black was never an option with Fender for the RBs, therefore, blue all the way, just to keep it honest to the original ;) .

image.jpeg.bd9ed5138ca6a46cdbb04ea4d87e535a.jpeg