Why become a member? ×

Touring on foot

Len_derby

13 minutes ago, Supernaut said:

Don't come crying to me when you slip, break your ankle and are rolling down a hill through sheep poo! 

With a hey nonny no and a hey nonny noo , rolling down a hill through sheep poo ….

at least they’ll get a song out of it 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

What a great story but in Canada there are very few places where it would be possible, there's an awful lot of empty space over here and winter would not be fun.

I play DB and that is a problem for a short distance let alone many miles, I guess an acoustic bass guitar would work but I think I'll stick to driving but I love the idea of walking to gigs, well done lads.😊

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Staggering on said:

What a great story but in Canada there are very few places where it would be possible, there's an awful lot of empty space over here and winter would not be fun.

I play DB and that is a problem for a short distance let alone many miles, I guess an acoustic bass guitar would work but I think I'll stick to driving but I love the idea of walking to gigs, well done lads.😊

And bears. Bears eat folk musicians.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, uk_lefty said:

And bears. Bears eat folk musicians.

Reminds me of the joke.

Advice for travelling through bear country.

Sew or otherwise fasten small silver bells into your clothing - the tinkling noise scares them off.

FAQ.

How do you know you are in bear country?  Check for bear poo.

How do you recognise bear poo?  It's usually got small silver bells in it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Downunderwonder said:

I toured south coast of Wales on foot. Damn near fell off a cliff in the dark when I lost the trail and was making my own way trying to pick it up again. The moon came out just in the nick of time or I would not be typing this and never even played a bass.

You have clearly made this up.  The clouds don't ever part for long enough for the moon to shiine in south Wales. :D 

• Like 1

My old band regularly gigged in and around London with a band of younglings called Dronningen...there's a couple of people here who tried out for them.

They'd carry everything on these little trollies and use public transport, guitars and amps, bits of drumkits, etc; they carry the absolute minimum.  Whether this would work for them if they were playing in the middle of Herefordshire is debatable, but in London it's doable.