Why become a member? ×

That’s a new one for me.

Cliff Edge

I stray into the Reddit bass forums from time to time where the youngsters have introduced me to genres of rock that I have never heard of before. 
I’m watching Countryfile at the moment and it’s from a Somerset farm setting up for a small music festival. 
And some Scrumpy and Western music. Can’t wait to hear what that sounds like. I just hope it’s not The Wurzles. 

Edited by Cliff Edge
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Cliff Edge said:

I stray into the Reddit bass forums from time to time where the youngsters have introduced me to genres of rock that I have never heard of before. 
I’m watching Countryfile at the moment and it’s from a Somerset farm setting up for a small music festival. 
And some Scrumpy and Western music. Can’t wait to hear what that sounds like. I just hope it’s not The Wurzles. 

That was OutCider Festival which is one of four festivals  by Fuelled By Cider, which my band are heavily involved in running.

Scrumpy'n'western was pretty much invented by The Wurzels, but there were lots of other acts doing similar stuff from the 60s onwards. These days it tends to be more of a folk/punk type vibe.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, TheRev said:

That was OutCider Festival which is one of four festivals  by Fuelled By Cider, which my band are heavily involved in running.

Scrumpy'n'western was pretty much invented by The Wurzels, but there were lots of other acts doing similar stuff from the 60s onwards. These days it tends to be more of a folk/punk type vibe.

We didn’t get to hear much of the music but the festival looked like a lot of fun. 

• Like 1

Record digging win of the century was finding a SIGNED Wurzels album in CYPRUS. I tried getting a fiver off because it was scribbled on. He pointed out that (a) it was definitely signed and (b) "no one else is going to buy that shite" so I got a fiver off anyway.

Win win all around I'd say

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

We've done 50+ support gigs for The Wurzels over the last 10 years -  those guys are total professionals who have earned respect. Pete and Tommy are in their late 70s and early 80s and still doing 70 sold out shows every year.

Mind you, some of the stories they've told us from their 70s heydays.....🤐

Edited by TheRev
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, TheRev said:

We've done 50+ support gigs for The Wurzels over the last 10 years -  those guys are total professionals who have earned respect respect. Pete and Tommy are in their late 70s and early 80s and still doing 70 sold out shows every year.

Mind you, some of the stories they've told us from their 70s heydays.....🤐

OOH ARR

As a prior resident of the SW I can confirm that these men are gods.

• Like 1

On 20/08/2023 at 22:20, Buddster said:

We play gigs in the same local pub where that album cover was photographed and was recorded. Rich will know it too as he lives in the same town. 

Oh yes, about 3/4 of a mile from where I’m sitting right now 😃

Edited by Rich
  • Like 2

On 20/08/2023 at 19:52, Cliff Edge said:

I was at a music festival in Somerset last week. They had doom metal, black metal, prog metal, post metal, blackened post metal, symphonic metal, pagan folk metal, deathcore and blackened doom metal. No Wurzels

• Like 1