Why become a member? ×

** The 15th South East Bass Bash - Sunday 12 November 2023 **

Hamster

On 13/11/2023 at 17:17, Richard R said:

@petecarlton:

So the SW bash has legendary food and now the SE Bash had Guy Pratt for goodness' sake!

I think we need to up the game for the Midlands Bash -maybe  the local Greggs and @Andyjr1515's bass setup tutorial aren't good enough for folks nowadays?

😉

Andy's setup tutorial is good enough for anyone!

@petecarlton:

So the SW bash has legendary food and now the SE Bash had Guy Pratt for goodness' sake!

I think we need to up the game for the Midlands Bash -maybe  the local Greggs and @Andyjr1515's bass setup tutorial aren't good enough for folks nowadays?

😉

@petecarlton:

😉

@petecarlton:

😉

Andy's setup tutorials are good enough for anyone - even Guy?

• Like 1

On 13/11/2023 at 12:17, Richard R said:

@petecarlton:

😉

Lol Cottle was/is brilliant too; an amazing player with complete dedication to his mastery of bass.

I can't believe it's been 7 years since I was able to attend my last SE bash which had Herbie Flowers being supported by Dave Swift and John Bentley playing a lovely rendition of Take a walk on the wild side.

Herbie briefly loaned me an Ovation Magnum and Fender Bassman combo back in the early 70s which allowed me to migrate from a 3/4 upright to electric bass igniting my life long passion for bass.

Edited by Sparky Mark
  • Like 5

Yes a great day.  Thanks to everyone involved in arranging it and making it a fun day.

I thought I’d share this, not because it’s me playing Betsy, but because of what she did to my bass face:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Czk-VZiBxAQ/?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==

I’ve been trying to smile for years whilst playing bass.  Job done.

Edited by Simon C
  • Like 5

Having done all the sums we are left with an overall profit of £690.  This has been donated to Cancer Research for breast cancer, and Cancer Research for prostate cancer.  I have also donated a smaller amout to the school for hosting us.  The couple of raffle prizes that were not claimed have been donated to the school's music department, which they are very grateful for.

Huge thanks to Guy Pratt, Laurence Cottle and Barry Moorhouse for their support!! 

Thanks also to my girlfriends Gary (@Cetera) and Darren (@Bassforradio) for their early arrival and help with setting up, with Darren also doubling up in his professional role as ace interviewer!

Also special thanks to:

Mick (@Thegreek) for reaching out to several businesses and getting some prizes from D'Addario

Trevor (@TrevorR) for securing the services of Laurence Cottle and Barry Moorhouse from the Bass Centre.

Oh yes, I'd better mention the wife, Mrs Hamster for sorting the refreshments!!

Thank you all for making the day another enjoyable sucess!

Colin

• Like 14
  • Thanks 11

54 minutes ago, Hamster said:

Having done all the sums we are left with an overall profit of £690.  This has been donated to Cancer Research for breast cancer, and Cancer Research for prostate cancer.  I have also donated a smaller amout to the school for hosting us.  The couple of raffle prizes that were not claimed have been donated to the school's music department, which they are very grateful for.

Huge thanks to Guy Pratt, Laurence Cottle and Barry Moorhouse for their support!! 

Thanks also to my girlfriends Gary (@Cetera) and Darren (@Bassforradio) for their early arrival and help with setting up, with Darren also doubling up in his professional role as ace interviewer!

Also special thanks to:

Mick (@Thegreek) for reaching out to several businesses and getting some prizes from D'Addario

Trevor (@TrevorR) for securing the services of Laurence Cottle and Barry Moorhouse from the Bass Centre.

Colin

Congrats on (once again) setting up a most enjoyable and well-managed day; I really couldn't fault anything*!

(*except the people pulling the raffle tickets for not picking mine earlier! 🙂 )

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Hamster said:

Also special thanks to:

Colin

That’s brilliant Colin, thank you so much for all your hard work in organising a lovely event and the donations to very worthy causes. 
Really enjoyed it.

jeff

• Like 2

On 15/11/2023 at 18:48, stevie said:

I took a few photos but they seem to highlight my lack of photographic skills.

20231112_141851 (Medium).jpg

20231112_115613 (Medium).jpg

Least you caught my good side stevie 🤣.Thanks again for letting us try out the cabs, very impressed when A/B’d against my barefaced I must say. So are you planning a 2x10?? Now that WOULD be a thing! 
best regards, jeff 

• Thanks 1

On 18/11/2023 at 17:36, tubbybloke68 said:

Least you caught my good side stevie 🤣.Thanks again for letting us try out the cabs, very impressed when A/B’d against my barefaced I must say. So are you planning a 2x10?? Now that WOULD be a thing! 
best regards, jeff 

There will be more LFSys models next year - both bigger and smaller. A 2x10 is certainly a possibility, but there may be an even better way of skinning the cat. You can always build a 2x10 from two Monzas. The corners interlock to aid stacking - and you get the option of using one or two cabs depending on the size of venue.

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
18 hours ago, NancyJohnson said:

Yes, I know it's only been a few months since the last one, but is anyone thinking of dates for this year?  I was royally narked at missing the 2023 event.

Same here. 🙂

19 hours ago, NancyJohnson said:

Yes, I know it's only been a few months since the last one, but is anyone thinking of dates for this year?  I was royally narked at missing the 2023 event.

10 minutes ago, Stingray5 said:

Same here. 🙂

Sorry to tell you, but it was a good one! 😉

• Haha 2