Why become a member? ×

Leaked: Fender Vintera II series...hoooo boy.

BassAgent

24 minutes ago, FinnDave said:

Nothing there to make me regret my recent purchase of a natural finish Player PJ Mustang. I suspect I'm in the minority, but I think the racing stripes make it look like a child's toy.

Isn't it great to have a child's toy that sounds thát good?😎

• Haha 1

Personàlly I'm a big fan of the competition stripe on the Mustang.

It's distinctive and , at this point, it's part of the Mustang's DNA.

That said I wouldn't want it on a Jazz or a Precision, but on a Mustang , to me anyway, it just looks right.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 26/07/2023 at 14:15, Jonesy said:

It'd be cool if they made a 70s P bass in the Vintera range.

Most definitely. Fender japan have released a 70’s p bass. I tried it. Neck is nice but body is basswood. It’s going for 1400. Don’t this it’s worth that tbh. 

The squier signature Matt freeman p bass is basically the exact same but for 500 🤷🏾‍♂️

11 minutes ago, soulstar89 said:

Most definitely. Fender japan have released a 70’s p bass. I tried it. Neck is nice but body is basswood. It’s going for 1400. Don’t this it’s worth that tbh. 

The squier signature Matt freeman p bass is basically the exact same but for 500 🤷🏾‍♂️

And was one of the best Precisions around, amazing basses

2 hours ago, Lozz196 said:

And was one of the best Precisions around, amazing basses

The Matt freeman signature bass? 

if so. It’s crazy what you get for the money. 

I just learnt that it’s modelled off his 77 p bass. 

Edited by soulstar89
Found new information
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/07/2023 at 10:56, Linus27 said:

I have a Mexican Fender FSR 70's Precision that came out around 2018 and the quality is equally as good as any US Fender I've had including the AVII 75 Jazz. It did come as standard with Vintage 62 pickups and vintage tuners and bridge but the finish, playability and build is incredible. I literally walked into Guitar Guitar, saw it hanging up, played it for 5 mins and bought it, it was that good and it only cost £800 new. I still have it now and adore it and it's my main bass for recording and rehearsing.

I'm hoping these new Vintera basses or at least the Telecaster basses are just as good.

fender-bass-guitar-fender-limited-edition-fsr-70s-precision-bass-natural-3861162557501_da588325-0e10-43e9-a291-2ba369d615fa.thumb.jpg.44dc54bbded52e51e6efcc985cf6b282.jpg

I played the exact same model in Edinburgh GuitarGuitar and, for some reason, didn't like it. It may have been badly set up, or had a chunky neck or something, I can't remember? I loved the look though.

On the same visit I tried the MIM deluxe precision and loved that - probably because it has a Jazz neck.

• Like 1

On 23/07/2023 at 10:18, ped said:

I was about to say that it looked as if the Mustang had been moulded in the proper vintage shape as opposed to the newer reissue shape where there's quite a bit more body behind the bridge but I realise that they've gone with the bigger body again for some reason. It's a particular quirk that nobody else cares about but it annoys me!

Screenshot 2023-07-23 at 10.17.51.png

From looking at that picture it looks like the bridge is higher on the blue one than on the yellow/orange one. Which might account for the gap below the bridge?

On 23/07/2023 at 10:18, ped said:

I was about to say that it looked as if the Mustang had been moulded in the proper vintage shape as opposed to the newer reissue shape where there's quite a bit more body behind the bridge but I realise that they've gone with the bigger body again for some reason. It's a particular quirk that nobody else cares about but it annoys me!

Screenshot 2023-07-23 at 10.17.51.png

From looking at that picture it looks like the bridge is higher on the blue one than on the yellow/orange one. Which might account for the gap below the bridge?

edit: double post!

Edited by gjones

Just now, gjones said:

Yeah partly, though the body shape is more rounded on the newer ones too. Either way it's plain wrong! 😄

• 3 weeks later...

Tried a new V2 Mustang in a Berlin store. The blue one. The stripes are not that bad in person. The bass is well balanced. Liked the neck shape: rather beefy. Sounds well, the tone control is rather useful. Overall quality is nice. However, the A string buzzed like crazy: not enough tension on the nut. A couple of additional loops on the peg would’ve probably solved the issue. Or something like a Fender peg retainer.