Why become a member? ×

I miss you

Rayman

I’m on holiday, in Spain, it’s fab, I haven’t had a holiday in years, sun, sea, food, sunburn etc etc…….

BUT, while away…… does anyone one else look at pictures of their gear, and look forward to seeing it again when you get home? Like missing the dog you had to put into kennels? 😆 A picture came up on my phone, of a couple of my basses, and my heart did a little flip….. it’s pathetic right?

I’m drinking coffee by the pool….. and I’m on here, looking at the latest posts….

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

We went and watched a horrific Rod Stewart tribute act last night, a guy from Manchester, who sings to backing tracks, karaoke style. It was hilarious. But we’re in the middle of nowhere, and it was at this weird bar/farm in the mountains. Crazy experience.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Rayman said:

We went and watched a horrific Rod Stewart tribute act last night, a guy from Manchester, who sings to backing tracks, karaoke style. It was hilarious. But we’re in the middle of nowhere, and it was at this weird bar/farm in the mountains. Crazy experience.

Looks great, nice and chilled, especially in that you don't seem to be surrounded by hordes of chavs from Wigan and Wolverhampton looking for an all-day breakfast.

• Like 1

Then again,  i'm home,  sat in a 2nd floor apartment lounge in 84.9 degrees and sweating like a supergrass, and you're sat in Spain,

next to an inviting pool , supping rum daquiris or some cervezas.

Pathetic right ?  :)

clock.jpg.dc865d5348993d4c9801918ce52528d5.jpg

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Rayman said:

He was lying to you. That was the real Rod Stewart. 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

In this situation, i think it's absolutely normal for every musician who loves what he does on stage, cares about his instruments, all the gear and stuff. You don't have to "cry" about it, but seeing some photos and gig videos is normal.

5 hours ago, Reggaebass said:

I normally spend a few months of the year in Spain and I’m on basschat the same as when I’m in the uk, nothing wrong with laying on the beach looking at basses for sale 😁

Sometimes I lie on my bass and dream of beaches for sale.

"A beach is a place where a man can feel, he's the only soul in the world that's real." - Pete Townshend

Edited by snorkie635
  • Like 2

On 24/06/2023 at 09:35, Rayman said:

BUT, while away…… does anyone one else look at pictures of their gear, and look forward to seeing it again when you get home? Like missing the dog you had to put into kennels? 😆 A picture came up on my phone, of a couple of my basses, and my heart did a little flip….. it’s pathetic right?

I’m drinking coffee by the pool….. and I’m on here, looking at the latest posts….

My name is Paul and I am a bass-player…

Hi Paul….

• Haha 1

I don't have holidays (I'm a musician so obviously I can't afford them) but I stayed with my daughter for a couple of days after giving her a lift to a caravan site. 

Did I miss my bass? No. I took one with me of course.

• Haha 2