Why become a member? ×

Next gen Sadowsky Metro Express

asingardenof

Just seen some alleged prototypes in a Facebook post for the next iteration of the Chinese-made Sadowsky MetroExpress line. If this is legit (the FB group is one Roger Sadowsky regularly comments in so I'm hopeful he doesn't contradict it) then I'm officially saving for one of these.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2413733079/permalink/10160376228903080/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

On 27/05/2023 at 08:58, Lw. said:

I wonder how many of the first generation they would have sold if they'd had that logo on? 

At least 1 more as it’s the only thing that stopped me (as shallow as that sounds 😆). How long until this will be available to buy? Need to make sure I save my pennies 

I’m pretty impressed with my gen 1 version but I suppose the East pre and the fact that it’s a fretless addressed some of the issues with some of the early gen 1 basses.

Might have to have the new logo on the headstock though….yes I’m shallow.

4 minutes ago, BassAgent said:

Well that would make it sort of counterfeit for me. If I'd have a logo retrofitted I'd send it to Warwick, probably.

The RSD logo would still be on the headstock so I doubt there'd be any confusion about what it is, plus I doubt Warwick are going to do that for you anyway. Could always ask I guess.

To me it's more counterfeit that they sell it as a Sadowsky instead of Rockbass, RSD or whatever yet it doesn't have the Sadowsky logo on there.

29 minutes ago, lemmywinks said:

The RSD logo would still be on the headstock so I doubt there'd be any confusion about what it is, plus I doubt Warwick are going to do that for you anyway. Could always ask I guess.

To me it's more counterfeit that they sell it as a Sadowsky instead of Rockbass, RSD or whatever yet it doesn't have the Sadowsky logo on there.

Well that's probably because it's not a Rockbass but a Sadowsky

• Like 1

13 hours ago, scalpy said:

Following! Wife has complained my Sire (burnt orange) which I bought as bit of a beater looks cheap so have have had my eye on a metro express for a while. 

Where did you get one of those? The wife, I mean...

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, BassAgent said:

Honestly considering e-mailing Warwick to see if they'll sell me a new neck with the Sadowsky logo on it. I like my 1st gen very very very much but man. That logo.

Me too, especially since I fitted a VTC plate

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Paddy777 said:

At least 1 more as it’s the only thing that stopped me (as shallow as that sounds 😆). How long until this will be available to buy? Need to make sure I save my pennies 

I think I saw something about July, although it will be a while after that before I can afford it, even with the plan to sell my V7 to assist.

• Like 1