Why become a member? ×

So... what happened to ramps.

Stub Mandrel

This thing on a nut (not directly on nut, but a little bit behind, on the tuners side, i touch nut, but not strings under fretboard. It muting rattling and parasite tones of strings that vibrates after the nut. It does not mute your open string tone, it cleans up a little bit. Good for recording. And for muting when tapping. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JapanAxe said:

I think that might get in the way of my plectrum…

It will indeed. Ramps were a thing few years ago. They truly helping with fast plucking, you don't dig into the space under the strings and fingers pops up from ramp. But fashion is off right now

1 hour ago, TheGreek said:

Ramps are like those finger puppet things that @ped has on his tuners...seem like a good idea for a while but then you realise that they're superfluous. 

Remember eye lashes on little cars?

I take it you’ve not subscribed to the enhanced pro level package on Scott’s bass lessons? The puppets are covered in the “studio tone secrets - lesson 5” I think. Once you know, you know, if you know what I mean

• Haha 4

Egeligor Basses will do a custom acrylic or Blackwood ramp for Jazz basses, and they can fit a variety of spacing. 

Check out their shop - http://egilegorbasses.com/egilegorbassesshop/en/

I have acrylic ones on all my Jazzes. They’re not radiused, just flat, how I like them. They did a custom one for my Celinder. 

12 minutes ago, LukeFRC said:

I take it you’ve not subscribed to the enhanced pro level package on Scott’s bass lessons? The puppets are covered in the “studio tone secrets - lesson 5” I think. Once you know, you know, if you know what I mean

I credit @pedwith the "invention" of finger puppet tuners.

If anybody else takes credit we should support our leader in any court action he might choose to take. 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, TheGreek said:

I credit @pedwith the "invention" of finger puppet tuners.

If anybody else takes credit we should support our leader in any court action he might choose to take. 

Don’t worry - in the video Scott is interviewing Steve Albini, Nigel Godrich, Brian Eno and some other producer who’s name I forget  and def they give props to our Ped.

4 hours ago, LukeFRC said:

Yeah. You will never unlock the secrets of the fretboard (try this one weird trick) without them.

• Haha 2