Why become a member? ×

New Ashdown shorties (or not!) coming in April.

Maude

I've just seen a lovely looking shell pink shortscale on the @Ashdown Engineeringfacebook page. 

I'm assuming 30" but it could be 32".

Also a sage green one which looks great too. 

Hopefully they'll/he'll (does Mark Gooday himself post?) be along shortly with some more info. 

i1MuLKI.jpeg

Edited by Maude
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Maude said:

I've just seen a lovely looking shell pink shortscale on the @Ashdown Engineeringfacebook page. 

I'm assuming 30" but it could be 32".

Also a sage green one which looks great too. 

Hopefully they'll/he'll (does Mark Gooday himself post?) be along shortly with some more info. 

i1MuLKI.jpeg

There doesn't look to be a huge amount of information online about these but the product page for them on the Ashdown website lists them as 34", shame as I'd love one in a 30" scale! 

https://ashdownmusic.com/products/the-saint

1 hour ago, BassBunny said:

Two prototypes are up f/s on Reverb at the moment. A pink and a blue, £299 each 

https://reverb.com/uk/item/64053249-ashdown-roasted-the-saint-pink

There's two blue ones, a mid blue (kind of LPB) with a light maple board, and a darker blue with roasted maple board. Both look to be metallic but it's hard to tell in the single photos. 

There's also a Shell Pink jazz, roasted maple, mint green pickguard prototype for the same price. 

9 minutes ago, Pea Turgh said:

£299 seems like a very good deal.  Too damn close to Christmas for me though!

Absolutely love the sage green shorty I saw on Instagram.

Was that the picture of the girl playing it at their open day thing?

It looked lovely in that colour. 

I don't know if that was shortscale or not, or whether these are to be honest. There's not a lot of info around which adds to the confusion. 

Are these just the 34" Saints in new colours with a roasted board, or are they actually 30"?

The only thing I'm going on is the post on facebook in which Mark confirms they are shortscale. I don't mind if it's long to be honest though. 

£299 seemed worth a punt. If I don't like it I'll just move it along, should get my money back without too much trouble. 

• Like 1

That green one isn't listed on Ashdown's website. 

The do a P, a J (in long and short scale), a non reverse T Bird type and The Saint (as per this thread but 34").

As these new ones are being released in April, and they do a long and short J, I'm plumping for these will be shortscale. 

The Saints are all PJ and they don't list a green option so that green one must be a one off or another prototype. 

1 hour ago, Maude said:

That green one isn't listed on Ashdown's website. 

The do a P, a J (in long and short scale), a non reverse T Bird type and The Saint (as per this thread but 34").

As these new ones are being released in April, and they do a long and short J, I'm plumping for these will be shortscale. 

The Saints are all PJ and they don't list a green option so that green one must be a one off or another prototype. 

Hopefully they’ll sell it for £299 and I’ll buy it🤞🏻(or maybe @Ashdown Engineeringwill give me first dibs because they are so nice!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There's a decent image in the Ashdown video here - about 17 seconds in.  It looks like a short-scale (unless it's a tall bass-player - not somebody that I recognise).  Could be a standard Saint though as it doesn't look like a roasted board

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jU00_VsmBw&t=17s

Edited by three