Why become a member? ×

New Metallica

Cosmo Valdemar

18 minutes ago, Machines said:

Big Metallica fan in my teens. It's OK, but not something that sounds like they spent 5+ years on. Exact same rinse and repeat of previous 2 albums.

I actually really liked the last album, even though it could have easily lost 4 or 5 sub-par songs. Spit Out The Bone was the best thing they'd done in a decade.

This new song just sounds so... limp. 

Of course, given the resurgence of 'Puppetz' in Stranger Things they'd be foolish not to reference it it the video, but that's about the only thing of note in this.

Lars playing 'Overkill' underneath Kirk and James playing Diamondhead riffs. 

2 hours ago, lemmywinks said:

Pressed stop after the 37th consecutive line ended with "ay-shon".

At least he didn't have to use 'con-stip-ay-shon' or 'in-flay-shon' when out of words with rhyming phonetics...

The track sounds like a load of bits put together, especially the intro, nothing sticks. Not a cause for e-lation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Why would they make the drums so loud when they're not interesting or creative? Bass is too quiet again.

Metallica used to make great music, these days it's all just average. With the exception of Lars they're all extremely good musicians (even Lars is good, but not great) but I think they ran out of ideas a long time ago.

Edited by SteveXFR

2 minutes ago, Grimalkin said:

At least he didn't have to use 'con-stip-ay-shon' or 'in-flay-shon' when out of words with rhyming phonetics...

The track sounds like a load of bits put together, especially the intro, nothing sticks. Not a cause for e-lation.

Well he's not quite turned 60 yet so maybe future songs will feature angry lyrics about bathroom issues? Probably best approaching their next album with considerable trepi-day-shown.

• Like 1

I'm paying for my missus to go to Download this year with one of her daughters and son-in-law primarily because they're big Metallica fans. I kind of owe it to her as I took her to Sonisphere 2014 and by the sunday morning i couldn't stand it any more and we left so she never got to see them. On the plus side Chas n' Dave were great. Watching this vid I'm glad not to be going with her. Love has its boundaries ya know!