Why become a member? ×

Nice new Warwick Streamettes are in at Andertons now

Mudpup

Nice - they've got the curved body right? I always wanted that on my Corvette. 

Such great basses Warwick's - very distinctive tone (which can be a blessing & a curse), you can tell when someone's playing one at a gig as soon as you walk in, no need to look at the stage! 

• Like 2

I saw this posted on Anderson's YT channel and honestly couldn't be ar$3d with it.  The bass videos aren't anywhere near as good since Nathan King left/stopped.  (Mersey Rod/Drain Unblockers had just posted and that's way more entertaining than these two.)

I know a lot of it is in the edit, but there's absolutely zero chemistry between these two and a distinct lack of worldliness from Cici.  Christ, even my wife watches the Captain and Pete stuff.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Woodwind said:

I've always liked how waricks have unmarked fretbaoards as I absolutely loathe position dots on the front.

To my eye these octave markers ruin what is otherwise a pretty attractive bass.

I used to think the same when I had my Warwick Thumb. Until the day we played an indoor charity festival, with a stage light in the perfect place to blind me just as I started playing the bass intro to Sweet Child O'Mine... a semitone in the wrong place!

It's maple boards with black markers all the way now!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NancyJohnson said:

I saw this posted on Anderson's YT channel and honestly couldn't be ar$3d with it.  The bass videos aren't anywhere near as good since Nathan King left/stopped.  (Mersey Rod/Drain Unblockers had just posted and that's way more entertaining than these two.)

I know a lot of it is in the edit, but there's absolutely zero chemistry between these two and a distinct lack of worldliness from Cici.  Christ, even my wife watches the Captain and Pete stuff.

I really hope Nathan comes back.  I think he's busy with Level 42 at the moment, so fingers crossed he'll be back at some point.

21 minutes ago, Doctor J said:

Agreed. Reading the spec and understanding what the controls are before starting the video would be a good start.

I've noticed this several times in the past, that they haven't completely done their research before recording. I remember the Helix for bass players video they did several years ago - they weren't even sure what some of the amp models were based on. 5 mins with the manual and google would have made it much more informative video.

• Like 1

I love Warwicks. *LOVE* them. Imo, the best bass brand, best sound, feel and quality.

But

Imo, these are gawky looking (like most of the cross-breeds they design). The price at £3400-3500, is bonkers. Who's buying these new? 

Also, Andertons bass videos only really work with Nathan and Lee. 

Edited by 40hz
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, 40hz said:

I love Warwicks. *LOVE* them.... 

price at £3400-3500, is bonkers. Who's buying these new? 

My biggest regret is selling my fortress masterman *. Absolutely brilliant bass with an amazing Warwick does stingray sound and I have a soft spot for waricks as a result.

*I was talked out of defretting it and since I was only playing fretless and wasn't flush, I had to sell it. A mistake.

I digress.

£3500 is absolutely bonkers.

Totally bonkers.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BassFace1991 said:

Also the demo for the 4 string was pretty poor imo. 

I dont think solo bass is her bag to be fair. She's great in a band situation playing rock.

But then again, if you are looking at selling basses...

I've never thought the bass demos for Andertons has ever been that great tbf... but meh, what would I know. I'm not the target audience.

• Like 3

Andertons demos are borderline unwatchable for me, they have some decent players but there's too much waffling and not enough planning. I watched the mini acoustic bass roundup they did when I was looking at buying one but it was ruined by them playing over each other, not bothering to eq each bass properly and having a cluttered backing track at the beginning. Would be better if things were a little more scripted I think so you can get a better idea of what the basses sound like rather than how many techniques the presenters can do.

• Like 2

I will need to watch the video. 

Generally I really like the Andertons videos, though the guitar ones more than the bass. 

I think that the videos are pitched at consumers who might not be aware of the intricate details of manufacturers and spec, so there isn't the same level of assumed knowledge that you get at watching something like the Peach Guitars Youtube page (which admittedly doesn't really feature bass content) or the BassTheWorld Youtube page. I find that the the Warwick and Spector demoes consist mainly of ten minutes of 'Cor blimey, these look a bit special!' chat. 

In terms of shape, I don't love the Streamette shape but I do like the pickup configuration. Not for £3.5k though. 

Warwick's prices at retail have always been bonkers but never moreso than now. They used to be an outlier in terms of catastrophic depreciation (and probably still are). I have often wondered who buys all these new Warwick basses. They're a great used buy, once the asking price has halved. 

Edited by Chris2112
  • Like 1