Why become a member? ×

Show us your rig of choice for the weekend ** Basschat edition**

bassace97

2 hours ago, vsmith1 said:

Pub gig with my Barefaced Midget and new Darkglass Exponent 500.  IMG_E4769.thumb.jpeg.d63800ab942aa80a5edd857dbb2d1bae.jpeg

Playing my Sire V7. We have a Presonus sub in support too.

That looks like a great little rig! Unfortunately Barefaced are quite obscure down here. I’ve been having a proper ball with my little e500 but haven’t used it on any gigs.

• 2 weeks later...

This was my rig of choice for a recent gig and one of the few gigs I've done this year that hasn't involved an Ashdown ABM. It was more a nostalgia trip to use this Trace Elliot as I was intending to sell all my Trace Elliot kit at the time and have now done that. The AH200 GP12 is quite a special bass amp and in my experience always punched way above its weight and had that sound.

916529034_Screenshot2022-10-12at00_21_10.thumb.png.b24fcd81305169e386b23fcf6f24157b.png

• Like 7

The bass set up for yesterday's gig with the Hulla Band. Medium sized room, circa 100 people, full PA support so this was for the listening pleasure of me and the drummer. I was using IEM too, as I'm in the process of moving over to it full time in this band. The drums weren't going through the PA so I had one ear 'free'.  The board was my standard for this band - tuner>comp>EHX Soul Food (grit)>MS60b (chorus and fretless patches)>BAM200 with DI to the desk. A glass of orange squash completes the line up. 😃

DSCG9972-1.thumb.jpg.e702ab9925e81f1ad31d69c332bd671b.jpg

• Like 2

On 13/12/2022 at 19:14, TRB5 said:

No apologies needed.

I love looking at gear…

I love that period at a gig when you stand or sit looking at a stage In anticipation of the possible magic to come 

And that is just one of the reasons I dislike ‘silent stages’ / bands using IEM’s !

• Like 1

On 13/12/2022 at 19:14, TRB5 said:

No apologies needed.

I love looking at gear…

I love that period at a gig when you stand or sit looking at a stage In anticipation of the possible magic to come 

15 minutes ago, casapete said:

And that is just one of the reasons I dislike ‘silent stages’ / bands using IEM’s !

Agree, I love checking out a bands guitars/basses/pedals/amps, preferably before the performance but if not possible then afterwards.

• Like 2

Slight change of tack(le) for the last couple of rehearsals and this weekend's gig. Rather than the usual MAG300 combo or Trace AH200 + BLX-110 cab, thought I'd give my old Five Fifteen mini rig a run out as it stands a chance of being heard (at least onstage) against our electronic drumkit. Unfortunately it doesn't have a Line Out or DI, and I don't possess a mic to stick in front of the cab, so I ran the DI out to the desk from the Ashdown Graphic EQ / DI pedal instead, and just used the mini rig for personal monitoring in addition to the floor monitor. Worked well in rehearsal and at Saturday's gig without having to be pushed too hard, though I'll probably be using the Trace setup for our next gig as it's a bit smaller and I find it easier to carry upstairs (yes, really! 💪 ). 

Bonus mention for the recently-acquired Lekato WS-80 wireless thingies - worked perfectly for strolling round the hall while soundchecking, and I'm sure would have worked just as well during the gig, but the Luddite in me couldn't bring himself to abandon his tweed lead just yet... 🙄

mini rig.jpg

• Like 3

Here's mine for Hurtsfall from Sunday night's gig at the "In The Black Midwint2r" festival:

IMG-0446.jpg

Apologies for the crap low-light phone photo. 

Eastwood Hooky into Line6 Helix and then straight into the PA via an EMO passive DI box.

For this that are interested, the foot switch to the left controls the sequencer - middle pedal for stop/pause and right hand pedal to run a macro which closes the current song and opens the next one in the set list.

The yellow cable going into the Helix is MIDI to select the correct Preset for each song (on load) and also send Snapshot commands mid-song to change the sounds without me needing to worry about hitting the correct switch as well as playing the right notes. I've used this twice now anomy live performance has improved considerably.

• Like 3

Gigging on Tuesday but which behemoth do I take with which cab? 

1971 P Bass with flats - Shure Wireless -  Cali Big Box Comp - Russian Muff - Sansamp BDDI =  Perfection 👌

*still setting up home studio so pics not up yet.

4381F8F6-6051-4A19-9AEC-504180B2F299.jpeg

• Like 6