Why become a member? ×

Basschatters' Upcoming Gigs

Stub Mandrel

@tvickey How did your Nottingham gig go?

The Sumak Centre is 5 minutes walk from where I live, and I know Fiendfits well. It seems a weird place for a gig - I've only ever been because it's the usual venue for the local resident's association meetings. The overall vibe does take me back to "workers collectives" and various "community projects" that I was involved with in the early 80s - mostly to take advantage of their cheap printing facilities to produce posters and other promotional materials for the bands I was in at the time.

I would have been there if it wasn't for the fact that I was in Whitby for the Goth Weekend.

Edited by BigRedX

The Hulla band is playing at their local village hall tomorrow night as a thank you to the village, who have supported the band with gigs and the ongoing use of the hall as a rehearsal room and occasional venue. This will be one of those fun gigs - is themed on Halloween/Day of the Dead so there'll be fancy dress on and off stage. The band is a not-for-profit thing, raising money for local charities including a contribution to the upkeep of the hall and this year we've raised more than £7000. A large part of that went into funding a minibus for the local primary school - being a rural community, transport is a costly part of their budget. 

The set list is as varied as the individuals in the band, ranging from 'Country Roads' (the first song they ever learnt when it was just a social gathering rather than a full band, and well before I joined) to Dakota (which was quite subdued until I started playing it with a flanger and a pick 😂). As it's local to almost everyone (the drummer and I have a 30 minute commute each way but everyone else walks), there'll be a good atmosphere and it'll probably go on well into the night. We played a festival in the summer and the set list was well over 4 hours with a ten minute break. So although my main bass for the night will be my Sterling 34HH, I have a much lighter headless as an option should the back and shoulders start to sag. 😃

• Like 3

On 09/11/2023 at 21:37, MichaelDean said:

I've got the first gig of my band coming up soon!

We're Hora. Just working on mixing the EP at the moment and then we can properly start up the social media accounts. 

all the best with your new venture, Michael.  Looks like a cool venue to kick things off!  Hope the EP project completes smoothly

2 minutes ago, sandy_r said:

all the best with your new venture, Michael.  Looks like a cool venue to kick things off!  Hope the EP project completes smoothly

Thanks! Unfortunately the gig has been cancelled... Hoping to find something closer to home now. The EP is sounding really good though.

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, MichaelDean said:

Thanks! Unfortunately the gig has been cancelled... Hoping to find something closer to home now. The EP is sounding really good though.

Dayyum - shortage of ritual gowns, maybe?   Home turf could be a supportive start.  Don't forget to post a link to the EP when ready

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sandy_r said:

Dayyum - shortage of ritual gowns, maybe?   Home turf could be a supportive start.  Don't forget to post a link to the EP when ready

Nah, got plenty of gowns. The drummer in the headlining band works on the massive windmills and has been told that he needs to go work elsewhere for a few weeks, so they've had to pull out. There probably won't be much of a crowd if they're not there, so not sure it makes sense to travel to Cornwall for a gig with no-one there!

• Thanks 1

I'm playing tomorrow night in Guildford with The Tim Shez Band at The Britannia Pub for the GT Live Showcase sessions. We are on at 8pm and playing for about 25 minutes along with 3 other acts. These sessions are fantastic, super popular, very intimate in a great venue. Plus I'm playing fretless as always through my new mini rig consisting of a Warwick Gnome I Pro 280 and a TC Electronic BS208. So can't wait 😁

402628165_732463688897874_4437356041116986790_n.thumb.jpg.f5d32a5b4a170225600837277c298d8e.jpg

• Like 2

We (Yellowhouse) are at The Broomhall Hutt in Sunningdale on Saturday night. Due to having a badly broken singist we have had to borrow one for the evening and I'm really looking forward to it. She's got a few more booked with us over the next couple of months too. Here's her regular band....

• Like 2

Hurtsfall have our first proper headlining gig at The Angel in Nottingham on Wednesday 22nd November.

399618428-381577787527534-41420487745011

I'm also playing there with In Isolation on the Saturday supporting B-Movie. However the gig sold out well over a month ago so unless you already have tickets, you'll not be able to get in.

• Like 3

Got a short run of dates with Gévaudan promoting our latest album Umbra starting towards the end of next week. For fans of doom/ psychedelia - fans of pallbearer/ YOB/ Warning / black Sabbath/ pink Floyd  type vibes.

Our latest album is a single 43 minute track exploring depression through eldritch horror - pretty epic. Music links and list of dates and venues below, thanks ✌️

Spotify:

Bandcamp: https://gevaudan.bandcamp.com/album/umbra

LaunchTourposter-SOCIALPOST.thumb.jpg.5e408052de48181e6171f910cf8bf712.jpg

• Like 1