Why become a member? ×

Basschatters' Upcoming Gigs

Stub Mandrel

32 minutes ago, neepheid said:

We're back, baby!  It's taken a few months but we have a new singer and our first gig with Jac is on Friday, at the Balaclava Bar in Fraserburgh.

image.png.5afd9c0ca15b9086fbfc8d3d60ea2222.png

My first ever band in 1988 was called Nine Lives. I always liked the name. Like many school bands, we were absolutely dreadful! 

Got a gig on Thursday. Headlining for our second gig, so I'm not expecting a lot of punters (I'd be happy to be pleasantly surprised though!). It's all good gig experience for the band. 

IMG_8766.thumb.png.5805b20e78a6094897ec4d07f20a6172.png

Not entirely sure about the promoter. We carpet bombed them all when we started looking for gigs and he seems keen, but I don't think he understands the genre that well. 

Also got one in Newport later in the month which should be good. We're covering for another band that have also organised us a gig in Swindon for July too. 

FB_IMG_1712091648442.thumb.jpg.7fef5c09cc519c1a94ee98bcbe41ea3a.jpg

• Like 5

I'm playing on this one with Gévaudan in Bradford in 5 weeks time - 10th & 11th May. 

2 stages, lots of heavy and the highly emotive 40 Watt Sun closing it all off. Should be a good one. 

Tickets: https://www.skiddle.com/whats-on/Bradford/The-Bradford-Underground/Ruination-Festival-2024/36487274/?fbclid=IwAR2Kp8_RAMAVIUP0Rur5JrMHW3Yk6RADHTX9E5OkggXtTDxMP6Ok5k-mdxw

FB_IMG_1712394136948.thumb.jpg.61a89ece051d83386fce6e91f4cc7498.jpg

Thanks ✌️

Edited by Salt on your Bass?
  • Like 4

My band 'Shreds.' are playing at the Star & Garter in Manchester with 80's hardcore legends NEGATIVE APPROACH on May 28th.

The guitarist in my band is a huge NA fan, so this is basically a bucketlist gig for him (my bucketlist gig is our show with the Subhumans in Lincoln at the end of April).

Anyway, this is pretty awesome especially considering the recent death of the licensee at the S&G, and the fact that my band has real difficulty playing anything other than weekend shows.  We knew it was a bucketlist gig for our guitarist, and everyone went out of their way to help fulfill his wishes.

Hurry up and get your tickets though!  I heard that more than 50% of the tickets have already been sold!

Negative_Approach_Shreds_Manchester_flyer_2024.jpg

• Like 4

Back on "The Rock" at Starr Sports this weekend. We usually get a decent crowd here, but it's the only venue I know of that I need to wear earplugs to load  in an set up. The non-stop sports commentary is so loud an eq'd just in the right place to burrow deep inside your brain!

squaresocialmediapost_StarrSports.thumb.png.42e1c70de328a17595bac89fa3050c0c.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I'm afraid I don't have a fancy flyer this time, but my little goth / alternative duo are doing an acoustic support this Thursday at The Beehive in Swindon, supporting Dallas based roots-rocker Tommy Hale. Free entry and we're on 8.15pm / 8.30pm sort of time.

IMG_5061.thumb.JPG.fc9ed67debf147e067523c57d6054411.JPG

• Like 6

A duo gig on Saturday with the BL/singer/guitarist.

"Where is the gig?" - "Oh, you know, big house on the Marsh Road." There are many big houses on the 'Marsh Road', (which is actually called Culfor Road).

"What are we doing?" - "Well, I'll bring my acoustic and we can do some songs. It'll be fine." No, it won't be fine if only you know what you're doing.

"What's the gig?" - "18th birthday party." Your solo/duo songs are not suitable for an 18th birthday with, by definition, 18 year olds making up most of the audience.

- "They'll want to play some songs themselves." I hope they bring instruments, then, as they're not using mine.

I am very tempted to cry off this one.

Edit (after Neepheid's reaction): Explained to the BL that there were so many unknowns that it would be better if I wasn't there so he could do his solo set (which is far more varied than anything we could seriously attempt as a duo). Gig off. Anyone need a bassist/guitarist on Saturday? 😂

Edited by Franticsmurf
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just realised I haven't put up a poster for tomorrow night's Hurtsfall gig:

428501648-858146126283199-66231829581489

The line-up has changed somewhat since this was produced.

It's now:

Ghost Dance

Hurtsfall

Katolik

We're on at 8.35. Tickets are £17 or £20 on the door.

• Like 4

The next gig for both my bands (Hurtsfall and In Isolation) is Goth At Brewery in Whitby on Saturday 27th April as part of the Whitby Goth Weekend:

419907788-908140577494209-28290270750805

It's an afternoon gig at the Brewery (opposite Whitby Abbey), with Hurtsfall opening at 2.00pm, In Isolation on at 4.00 and sandwiched between us Chaos Bleak (also from Nottingham) at 3.00.

For those who don't know, this is a very popular event and if you're not there early you'll probably have to watch and listen from the courtyard - although this will only be a problem if the weather ins't very good, in which case there is all the more reason to arrive in time to get a place inside!

BTW this is a free gig.

Edited by BigRedX
  • Like 4

The Hulla has been booked to play a wedding anniversary function in Port Eynon on Saturday. We're a 13 piece and the hall is, so I'm told, quite small. I've brought out the headless basses as I know that the space I am allocated will make a full sized bass fairly impractical. I care about my fellow musicians and whilst the occasional 'accidental' tap is sometimes tempting, it's never acceptable. 😃 Fortunately I go through the desk with this band, so no back line to worry about and I should be able to shift the monitor speaker to give me a few more inches as I'm using IEM.

The set list appears to be a random list of songs but quite a few are requests from the organisers as they know our full list of songs and have been able to pick and choose. Along with such gems as 'Then I Kissed Her', 'Running Bear', 'Sweet Caroline' and 'Mary Lou' we have 'Get Your Rocks Off', 'I Fought the Law' and 'A Town Called Malice'. We cater for all tastes!

Saturday's instruments of torture:

DSC07732.jpg.0fee212b4c2a1aea86e8637f37b177e2.jpg              TheJack.thumb.jpg.cf20b54c8d411142da5610a77bb3734b.jpg

• Like 2

Back to back gigs for my lot, Tore Down.

Having skipped a month we are back at the Shamrock in Ipswich for our residency tomorrow.

Then Saturday, 2 sets during the day starting at 11am we are playing at Black Bear Harley-Davidson in Newmarket.  They are holding a birthday bash all day and asked us to play, which was nice.  Free entry and some food, I believe.

434751372_819149670234561_53708670365031

• Like 3