Why become a member? ×

Basschatters' Upcoming Gigs

Stub Mandrel

2 hours ago, jimmyb625 said:

There's the Ed Sheeran experience and Vicky Jackson as P!NK.

I'd be more worried about "Reef*"

Does that mean it's not the full band and the only original member is the guy who had the keys to the rehearsal room..?

ETA, no, looks like it means they're playing on Thursday night.

Didn’t see them to be honest. 

2 hours ago, BigRedX said:

The * appears to mean that the artists in question are playing on the Thursday night, which strangely isn't one of the festival days.

That’s a bit odd. Maybe for early arrivals or something? 

My blues/rock trio Toredown are playing a music night at BlackBear Harley Davidson, Newmarket on 17th August.  Event is 6.30-9pm, we are playing 7-8.30pm.  Food, biker type stuff.  And us, of course :D

• Like 1

On 30/07/2023 at 13:03, BigRedX said:

The * appears to mean that the artists in question are playing on the Thursday night, which strangely isn't one of the festival days.

I've seen this a few times - a shorter warm-up to encourage early birds.

Worth coming a day early for Reef, they weren't on my radar until rceently, but I've seen them three times now.

• 2 weeks later...

My first gig with goth/post punk band The InSect is on Friday at the Dublin Castle in Camden. Onstage about 8pm. https://www.facebook.com/events/248170544468197

Edit: We have been bumped up to main support act, so onstage around 9pm now

Edited by Clarky
  • Like 3

Anyone going to The British Motor Show in Farnborough this weekend? We're playing there with not just one but two bands.

Our established rock 'n' roll trio Damo And The Dynamites will be on stage twice every day of the show:

Poster1_blue.thumb.jpg.945ea3495b2120f2102c95c96342a71c.jpg

Our new Classic Soul band Soul Purpose will be there on Sunday only:

Motorshow.thumb.jpg.228a6373748817319ec82adaa8d9df6c.jpg

@Happy Jack will probably want to tell you about our trials and tribulations re. actually understanding what we're going to find the first time we set foot at the show, and how we may deal with the situation... 🙄

Edited by Silvia Bluejay
  • Like 5

Am happy to announce that The Spacewasters will be making our return, albeit with 7 legs now rather than 8, at The Black Heart in Camden, Fri 25 August. In no attendance will also be my old band Knock Off.

5f8447d5-ae4b-4a47-959e-05d3705a87d8.jpeg

Edited by Lozz196
  • Like 4

On 19/08/2023 at 14:49, Leonard Smalls said:

You'll be appalled to hear they were great at Rebellion! :D

But Andy called our Raph a Flash W4nkr for playing chords around the 12th fret :biggrin:

And they were great last night as well. It’s much different seeing/hearing a band from an audience perspective than from onstage, the power and solidity of the songs and performance, especially from a 3 piece, well I was impressed. Tongue in cheek comment - I’m sure they were even better when I was with them 🤣

• Like 1