Why become a member? ×

\m/(>.<)\m/ ** The 14th South East Bass Bash - Sunday 23 October 2022 ** \m/(>.<)\m/

Hamster

8 minutes ago, ped said:

Hi mate I’m afraid I can take no credit for organising this bash so best for Colin to come back to you on that one. It looks like another great event. Unfortunately I was way up in Aberdeen at the time!

No worries, Chris. I'll check back with Colin. Yes indeed, another good bash judging by the pics :) 

• Like 1

Gutted I missed this due to a family gathering. Looked so good.

@Kingbassist I'm in Leatherhead and have a BF BigTwin Gen3 that you are welcome to try out. I probably down to Andertons this weekend at some point so don't mind chucking in the back of the car.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NancyJohnson said:

Well if there is an upside to me pulling out because of my knee, me and the wife (plus mother in law) are all positive for COVID, so I'd probably have infected a few of you...

Well, I'll take that as an upside to my not being able to make it either. 😉

Wishing you all a speedy recovery. 👍🤞

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NancyJohnson said:

Well if there is an upside to me pulling out because of my knee, me and the wife (plus mother in law) are all positive for COVID, so I'd probably have infected a few of you...

Yes, and good thing I wasn’t there as it turns out that I don’t have an infectious case of tonsillitis… rather I’ve got an even more infectious case of Hand, Foot and Mouth disease so currently my extremities are all covered with painful blisters. Definitely not something that my fellow bassists with gigs coming up would want! Yuck. Fully expect a Defra van to pull up outside the house any moment and blokes in hazmat suits to drag me off to be incinerated…

• Sad 7

16 minutes ago, TrevorR said:

Yes, and good thing I wasn’t there as it turns out that I don’t have an infectious case of tonsillitis… rather I’ve got an even more infectious case of Hand, Foot and Mouth disease so currently my extremities are all covered with painful blisters. Definitely not something that my fellow bassists with gigs coming up would want! Yuck. Fully expect a Defra van to pull up outside the house any moment and blokes in hazmat suits to drag me off to be incinerated…

Yikes!

From wikipedia:  'Fingernail and toenail loss may occur a few weeks later, but they will regrow with time.'

What?  Whaaaaaat?

Get well chum!

I felt like a kid in a toy shop a week before Christmas on Sunday.  Thanks very much to @cetera for letting me play with his Spectors and also to @Merton whose TE1200 and Barefaced 210 is a match made in heaven @Steve Browning with his Mesa TT800s @Happy Jack with his Reverend Watt Plower @Mudpupwith his surprisingly good Cort. and @MacDaddy @orangefridayand @eude for their weird and wonderful stuff.

And thanks to @Hamster, Mrs@Hamster and @Kingbassist for making it all happen

• Like 8

Morning Folks, 

So, what are the scores, George Dawes?

Taken on the door - 28 x £10 = £280

Refreshments profit - £22

Anonymous donations - £90

Total - £392

From that, £302 has been donated to CHUMS Charity (www.chumscharity.org), with the funds going towards their Recreational Therapeutic Service, which uses music to help children & young people suffering with extreme anxiety, and other mental health issues. 

And £90 has been donated to the school as our way of saying 'thank you' for the use of such a fabulous venue. 

Thanks to everyone who came along and contributed to making it such a great day! 🙏😊

See you next year! 

@silverfoxnik @Hamster @cetera

images (12).jpeg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 5

• 3 weeks later...
On 25/10/2022 at 16:12, NancyJohnson said:

Yikes!

From wikipedia:  'Fingernail and toenail loss may occur a few weeks later, but they will regrow with time.'

What?  Whaaaaaat?

Get well chum!

And then however many weeks later… on Thursday, 3/4 of my thumbnail dropped off. On the bright side it looks like it’s growing a new one underneath… seems like a three or so other nails are on the way… 🙄

D1688088-A463-49C9-A3D0-05D00FA864F0.thumb.jpeg.091499dfb4d46e175627f0f0374ec2ba.jpeg

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, TrevorR said:

And then however many weeks later… on Thursday, 3/4 of my thumbnail dropped off. On the bright side it looks like it’s growing a new one underneath… seems like a three or so other nails are on the way… 🙄

Whoa! Hope it's not too long before things are back to normal. And if I may just add... Good luck with the nail! ;) 

2 hours ago, TrevorR said:

D1688088-A463-49C9-A3D0-05D00FA864F0.thumb.jpeg.091499dfb4d46e175627f0f0374ec2ba.jpeg

Avoid this at all costs!

41U1C0V25bL._AC_SY580_.jpg

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, TrevorR said:

I just did a little bit of sick.

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...