Jump to content

Show us your old band photos


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, EBS_freak said:

Im quietly surprised at the minimal amount of leather trousers and double denim in these pictures.

so am I. I think there's  pair on my old singer. He was a Jim Morrison fan and always wore leather trousers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, ubit said:

 

 

You must have been well off ya bugger!

No comment but it wasn't coming from gig money. :laugh1:

That was back when i had a 28" waist. Those days have long gone.

Dave

Edited by dmccombe7
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is the thread that keeps giving. I dug out and old photo of a Stereophonics tribute band I was in playing a Uni annual ball, supporting Artful Dodger & The Nowlans.

Stereotonics-Marjons-1.thumb.jpg.9a715b8fe90572ae0d0f9022ff2e5e0e.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another from Gypsies Kiss circa 1986. 

You can't see it in the pic but i was sporting a broken leg after a footie accident. 

Using an Ibanez Musician bass in this pic,

152857317_oldphotos_0006_NEW.thumb.jpg.7813bfab445903005f1a3b2dd362c296.jpg

Edited by dmccombe7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've just been sent a couple of video clips of the first pro band I was in, playing live on a European TV show. the singers were pretty cheesy, but the band was good.

 

I was just a few months out of school and they were recorded in December 1968!

 

No, I'm not putting them up here!!!

Edited by chris_b
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, chris_b said:

I've just been sent a couple of video clips of the first pro band I was in, playing live on a European TV show. the singers were pretty cheesy, but the band was good.

 

I was just a few months out of school and they were recorded in December 1968!

 

No, I'm not putting them up here!!!

You need to show them Chris. Its your duty as a bass player especially with TV fame.😂

Come on i'm really curious now.

Dave

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Raymondo said:

Yeah for some reason we got lot's of gigs playing to the Soldiers and Airmen! 😉

Obviously down to your expert playing and flambouyant stagewear. Absolutely nothing to do with the scantily clad female on stage.

PS if you have any more pictures of her please feel free to share. 🤣

Dave

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 22/04/2022 at 11:08, JellyKnees said:

Some from back in the the mid 80s, '83 to '87 at a rough guess

 

Unknown venue...

 

scan0008.thumb.jpg.761cdda1a8b9eecf3c8a8ce5f3115d56.jpg

 

 

Festival in Sefton park

 

scan0021.thumb.jpg.73ddb7e4f5ccb704a4e43aaf43d99845.jpg

 

 

Another outdoor gig, no idea where but I seem to be using a pick... long time since that's happened!

 

scan0025.thumb.jpg.21f2537d5d5a4197d5241afda59b3a57.jpg

 

 

Think this was the Fire Station in Bootle... one of our gigs there turned into a bloody battle between the bouncers and some of the locals involving bottles and snooker cues... 

 

scan0030.jpg.847421bf7774071673355760e5746b19.jpg

 

In that first photo you all look like an amalgam of Joy Division (guitarist left), Big Country (guitarist centre) and The Smiths (Bassist) 😄

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, chris_b said:

I've just been sent a couple of video clips of the first pro band I was in, playing live on a European TV show. the singers were pretty cheesy, but the band was good.

 

I was just a few months out of school and they were recorded in December 1968!

 

No, I'm not putting them up here!!!

Pics or it didn't happen... 😉

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, chris_b said:

I've just been sent a couple of video clips of the first pro band I was in, playing live on a European TV show. the singers were pretty cheesy, but the band was good.

 

I was just a few months out of school and they were recorded in December 1968!

 

No, I'm not putting them up here!!!

:useless:

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The NAPALM HEARTS mid 80's ... back when I had hair, Ooofff Spandex and a lovely Guild 301

note lights hanging out of the ceiling, we'd just set of an obscene amount of pyro and maroons !! 

 

136839324_Hearts2.jpg.a707ff2fd84f2e062639fbeb2c3d5d99.jpg

 

2088546705_Hearts10.thumb.jpg.18e89761391630e6d20906964d6f64a4.jpg

 

1183279225_NapalmHearts.jpg.0749113ef966be08dd478097f9fb1144.jpg

 

WP_20160424_15_25_29_Pro.thumb.jpg.dd316a5601ed76557e4b1e2b9a454c78.jpg

Edited by Adee
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Crusoe said:

In that first photo you all look like an amalgam of Joy Division (guitarist left), Big Country (guitarist centre) and The Smiths (Bassist) 😄

Well I liked 2 of those bands so I'll take that as a compliment!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Adee said:

The NAPALM HEARTS mid 80's ... back when I had hair, Ooofff Spandex and a lovely Guild 301

note lights hanging out of the ceiling, we'd just set of an obscene amount of pyro and maroons !! 

 

136839324_Hearts2.jpg.a707ff2fd84f2e062639fbeb2c3d5d99.jpg

 

2088546705_Hearts10.thumb.jpg.18e89761391630e6d20906964d6f64a4.jpg

 

1183279225_NapalmHearts.jpg.0749113ef966be08dd478097f9fb1144.jpg

 

WP_20160424_15_25_29_Pro.thumb.jpg.dd316a5601ed76557e4b1e2b9a454c78.jpg

You certainly looked the part of an 80's metal hair band. Nice one.

Dave

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...