Why become a member? ×

Show us your old band photos

Rayman

4 minutes ago, dclaassen said:

During that same time frame, out on the plains of Nebraska, we also had an abundance of really good bands and great venues. I that experience must have been pretty wide-spread. It was wonderful!

By strange coincidence, I've spent a fair bit of time out on the plains of Nebraska ( McCook, not that far from the Colorado/ Kansas borders respectively) and I've got some good memories of seeing  a few really interesting local bands ( early 1990s grunge era). It's also probably the friendliest place I have ever been. All my life I will never forget how  kind and welcoming the local people were.

It has to be said though, my abiding memory is of being shocked at how prevalent country music was with younger people. Most teens were much more interested in and excited by Garth Brooks and Dolly Parton than anything from the rock world. At first I thought they were joking!

1 hour ago, Misdee said:

By strange coincidence, I've spent a fair bit of time out on the plains of Nebraska ( McCook, not that far from the Colorado/ Kansas borders respectively) and I've got some good memories of seeing  a few really interesting local bands ( early 1990s grunge era). It's also probably the friendliest place I have ever been. All my life I will never forget how  kind and welcoming the local people were.

It has to be said though, my abiding memory is of being shocked at how prevalent country music was with younger people. Most teens were much more interested in and excited by Garth Brooks and Dolly Parton than anything from the rock world. At first I thought they were joking!

Small world…I grew up in Imperial…an hour west. I’ll be back in that part of the world soon…looking forward to it!

• Like 1