Why become a member? ×

New from Fender........maybe.

Jonesy

8 hours ago, neepheid said:

That screams Lace Helix bass to me

image.png.4e4c0243b80d55e53bbd5c65fccf85d5.png

Or am I missing something here?

Main thing your missing is that the Helix is actually a really nice design...

Edited by Kev

11 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

Oooooooooft, though….OOOOOFFT

86B80E54-C9BB-4691-AF4B-B6873350B232.jpeg

Lake Placid Blue, Andy's siren song, dragging him onto the rocks  😈

Similar thing happens with me and CAR, to see it is to want it

16440570567246580675569322825672-01.jpeg.b22262e581ea4e0aebe70645aec27a34.jpeg

I don't even want to play it, I just want to hang out with it and whisper it sweet nothings

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Kev said:

Main thing your missing is that the Helix is actually a really nice design...

You are very right on that Kev! I had forgotten what an elegant and classy design it was.

If Fender were to put a proprietary supercharged passive pickup on that chassis,so to speak, something like a Dark Star/ Bisonic kind of thing they would have a bass that could play great, feel great and sound great, and be right in the zeitgeist of what a lot of bass players are looking for nowadays.  I'd buy one!

Edited by Misdee

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, Rich said:

As previously discussed, spoiled by the headstock. I reckon the old Performer shape suits it quite well.

image.png.44ba747c87e4005208df2fd757535281.png

Yeah, I'm with the general consensus from the thread and reckon any other Fender headstock would probably look better on it, with the Starcaster being my favourite. Still, I don't hate the headstock they've been released with - my issue is with the price and them being active. 

PMT have them on their site for just under £1k (and still a 3 month wait!). If they were nearer £650-£700 and passive then I'd be finding it difficult not to buy one.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Jonesy said:

Yeah, I'm with the general consensus from the thread and reckon any other Fender headstock would probably look better on it, with the Starcaster being my favourite. Still, I don't hate the headstock they've been released with - my issue is with the price and them being active. 

PMT have them on their site for just under £1k (and still a 3 month wait!). If they were nearer £650-£700 and passive then I'd be finding it difficult not to buy one.

Yes, the Starcaster headstock is clearly the best choice.

Nope, nothing about that does anything for me.  The headstock is incredibly lazy and looks daft against that body.  Always a bugbear of mine when you fit a bass with multiple humbuckers but offer zero coil switching options.  It screams cheap, and at four figures it certainly isn't.

Sounds dull and uninspiring too from the video, although oddly the black one sounds a bit more interesting when he uses that for a few seconds.

But apart from that...

24 minutes ago, P-Belly Evans said:

A hilarious Talkbass member begs to differ.....as do I 😜

image.png.431fdd5ddf4cb5206258be719e895c36.png

The manufacture of the camera that took that photo deserves some kind of technological innovation award for snapping that shot without motion blur so cleanly before the headstock buried itself into the basement milliseconds later.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2