Why become a member? ×

Just an observation

vmaxblues

[quote name='The Funk' post='456414' date='Apr 7 2009, 02:07 PM']Telecasters have overtaken Stratocasters for the first time in 40 years.[/quote]

Crikey, is that true? Funny because I've been a Strat dude for dnkey's years and just got Tele for christmas (no, not a 42" widescreen) and prefer its tone to my Strat.

[quote name='BigBeefChief' post='456428' date='Apr 7 2009, 02:16 PM']I'm a jazz man, but was noodling on a P the other day and was growing to like it. Quite fancy one in that orangey/pinkey colour with the gold adonised scratch plate.[/quote]

Oooo, yes a 57, maple neck, two tone sunburst :)

[quote name='BigBeefChief' post='456470' date='Apr 7 2009, 02:54 PM']It's this one I love the look of:

[url="http://www.thebassgallery.com/fenderpbass50mex.html"]http://www.thebassgallery.com/fenderpbass50mex.html[/url][/quote]

Yes, it's a fine looking bass, is it the 50's classic series?

Voted for Precision - maybe not as versatile as a Jazz, but just has the right vibe.
Love 'em both though. Fender truly defined things with the Precision&Jazz,( as well as the Telecaster and Strat gui**rs).
Despite trying lots of others, its always a Fender or a close relative (Musicman / G&L etc) that I revert to.

I struggled a lot initially with the big neck on a precision, particulaly as I came originally from 6 strings, and to me, it just feels so right before you even turn the amp on.

I would actually like to reverse the duck dunn idea and try a jazz with a precision neck