Why become a member? ×

Bass Direct

mattbass6

21 minutes ago, mrtcat said:

There is a fair chance that someone at BD may have a slightly deeper issue with spelling than just being a little careless.  Maybe mocking it on here is a little unnecessary if we don't know the full story.

Oh FFS. Have you spent any time in the shop with the likely author?

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, mrtcat said:

There is a fair chance that someone at BD may have a slightly deeper issue with spelling than just being a little careless.  Maybe mocking it on here is a little unnecessary if we don't know the full story.

There is a myriad of evidence (that I have very much personally experienced multiple times) that suggests otherwise. Chill.

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, mrtcat said:

Doesn’t matter the reason, any professional company worth their salt will get things proofread. Even more so if your aware of a problem that could affect the outcome of the post.
A web presence is the face of your company for many customers nowadays.

It’s a shoddy post no matter how you look at it. 
Should it make a difference, that’s not the point, it does make a big difference to many people. 
It smacks of an unprofessional, uncaring attitude.

• Like 7

17 hours ago, mrtcat said:

To me (and I'm far from an expert) it strikes me not as difficulty with the language so much as simply a bit hurried. It's perfectly readable, just slihgtly wobbbly. There's actually something quite endearing about it in a Grauniad kind of way.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Rich said:

To me (and I'm far from an expert) it strikes me not as difficulty with the language so much as simply a bit hurried. It's perfectly readable, just slihgtly wobbbly. There's actually something quite endearing about it in a Grauniad kind of way.

Exactly. We’ve all typed out a message on a mobile and realised it’s full of mistakes later. Not a big deal!

Here’s my new strap, anyway!

9974E61D-47F7-42FD-BF45-1DA3A1ED8CC7.jpeg

• Like 4

On 21/12/2022 at 19:59, Eric.C.Lapton said:

Doesn’t matter the reason, any professional company worth their salt will get things proofread. Even more so if your aware of a problem that could affect the outcome of the post.
A web presence is the face of your company for many customers nowadays.

It’s a shoddy post no matter how you look at it. 
Should it make a difference, that’s not the point, it does make a big difference to many people. 
It smacks of an unprofessional, uncaring attitude.

My spelling is atroshus. For that reason I use Grammarly to spell check.

On 21/12/2022 at 19:29, mrtcat said:

In which case, get a spell checker or get someone to proofread it. I'll admit that my typing on a phone keyboard with autocorrect is worse than ever but I'm not trying to prevent a professional business. 

However I'll cut Bass Direct some slack. I've heard of people turning up wanting to buy a P bass and Mark has tried to steer them towards something better, so he earns a pass for that in my books.

• Haha 1