Jump to content
Barking Spiders

Factually incorrect lyrics

Recommended Posts

22 hours ago, davepb24 said:

memory admittedly not what it was was but I'm sure I recall an interview (either written or radio) where he said it was about the M3 🙂

It’s probably a running joke with him. He names a random motorway and has to shout “bears!” If he repeats himself 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rod Stewart, mandolin wind ... so it never changed a thing... firstly mandolins don’t use wind, they’re stringed instruments you faux Scottish muppet, and secondly they don’t cause weather effects and thirdly ... exactly what life-changing effect were you expecting such a weedy instrument to wreak on your otherwise pointless life ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Geek99 said:

exactly what life-changing effect were you expecting such a weedy instrument to wreak on your otherwise pointless life ?

In Rod's defence; mandolins are excellent for making coleslaws and game chips.

image.png.7114e0940deac886c229e2cfc316c810.png

Edited by SpondonBassed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SpondonBassed said:

In Rod's defence; mandolins are excellent for making coleslaws and game chips.

image.png.7114e0940deac886c229e2cfc316c810.png

Yes but there is

 no wind ...,

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Geek99 said:

Yes but there is

 no wind ...,

There is if you use the mandolin to slice aubergine... in my experience anyway!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Geek99 said:

Rod Stewart, mandolin wind ... so it never changed a thing... firstly mandolins don’t use wind, they’re stringed instruments you faux Scottish muppet, and secondly they don’t cause weather effects and thirdly ... exactly what life-changing effect were you expecting such a weedy instrument to wreak on your otherwise pointless life ?

Maybe he was talking about the construction of the G and D strings on the mandolin and it's just his funny Scots pronunciation of the tiny phosphor bronze wires that go around the steel cores on the two lower courses... Wind - as in rhymes with "find".

If so, then it IS about time he changed the mandolin wind (and plain strings too, just changing the wound strings is a false economy and the plain ones will be just as dead)! 47 years is way too long to have one set of strings on there...

Mandolin with Pick in Strings Picture | Free Photograph | Photos ...

Edited by TrevorR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TrevorR said:

Maybe he was talking about the construction of the G and D strings on the mandolin and it's just his funny Scots pronunciation of the tiny phosphor bronze wires that go around the steel cores on the two lower courses... Wind - as in rhymes with "find".

Rod's a classic London Scot... I was going to say that can't be  Scots accent then..... but then I remembered a kid at School who was born and raised in England and spoke with a regular local accent. Until we heard him on the phone to his mum and he spoke in broad scottish accent!

I didn't realise that was a thing until then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Geek99 said:

....secondly they don’t cause weather effects and thirdly ... exactly what life-changing effect were you expecting such a weedy instrument to wreak on your otherwise pointless life

Edward Lorentz might disagree with this, of course.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, how I wonder what you... Oh, actually as a little star you're almost certainly a white dwarf comprised almost entirely of carbon and oygen... but why am I singing to you? You haven't got ears.

Twinkle twinkle little star

Now I know just what you are

A lump of rusting rocket case

A rubbish tip - in outer space

(c) Spike Milligad, the well-known spelling mistake, who forgot that rocket cases wouldn't rust in a vacuum even if they were steel

 

Incidentally, was there ever a trial to establish the guilt or innocence of video, or has it been assumed to be guilty of the murder of the radio star without due process? Trial by media, that's what it seems to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Nail Soup said:

Rod's a classic London Scot... I was going to say that can't be  Scots accent then..... but then I remembered a kid at School who was born and raised in England and spoke with a regular local accent. Until we heard him on the phone to his mum and he spoke in broad scottish accent!

I didn't realise that was a thing until then.

 Maybe it’s “mockney” then! 😉
 

By the way, when I’m chatting on the phone to my dad or my siblings on the phone I start off pretty much with Surrey RP but develop an increasing Norn Iron twang the longer the call goes on!

 

Edited by TrevorR
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We had a lot of luck on Venus
We always had a ball on Mars
Meeting all the groovey people
We've rocked the Milky Way so far

Deep Purple failing to grasp the essential distance between galaxies and planets for that matter and the absence to this day of faster than light travel.  Not to mention the hostile atmosphere on Venus and the complete absence of on on Mars.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Geek99 said:

Yes but there is

 no wind ...,

Are you sure though?  What if someone like @Frank Blank was playing it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Musical Youth - Pass the Dutchie 

A Dutchie is a heavy cast iron cooking pot - not suitable for passing around from the left hand side, or indeed any other direction, and is more suited to central serving.

Why didn't they simply replace the word "Dutchie" with an object which is commonly passed around?

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/08/2020 at 13:23, Nail Soup said:

Musical Youth - Pass the Dutchie 

A Dutchie is a heavy cast iron cooking pot - not suitable for passing around from the left hand side, or indeed any other direction, and is more suited to central serving.

Why didn't they simply replace the word "Dutchie" with an object which is commonly passed around?

"Pass the Parcel" for example would have fitted perfectly, and made for a family-friendly parlour game-themed hit.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/08/2020 at 14:15, bassbiscuits said:

"Pass the Parcel" for example would have fitted perfectly, and made for a family-friendly parlour game-themed hit.

Or indeed pass the port.  Traditionally passed to the left (and behind lady peeps).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was this song by a Spanish band where they sang something like "so many light years I've been waiting..."

It makes my skin crawl everytime... a light year is a measure of distance not time!!!

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Tsunami, tsunami wash over me" sang the Manic Street Preachers. Well, they certainly wouldn't be singing if a real tsunami did wash over them. It's  all a bit insensitive to all of those who have been killed by the devastation caused by real big waves!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the popular song from a couple of years ago Copa Cabana, Barry Manilow sings "there was blood and a single gunshot but just who shot who?" Later he sings that Lola has lost her love. So we now know that Rico must have been shot or arrested therefore we do know who was shot or who fired the shot which makes the whole thing a bit ridiculous!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/08/2020 at 13:23, Nail Soup said:

Musical Youth - Pass the Dutchie 

A Dutchie is a heavy cast iron cooking pot - not suitable for passing around from the left hand side, or indeed any other direction, and is more suited to central serving.

Why didn't they simply replace the word "Dutchie" with an object which is commonly passed around?

Like Covid....

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“Pass the Covid on any non absorbent surface” doesn’t sound quite right though 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ubit said:

In the popular song from a couple of years ago Copa Cabana, Barry Manilow sings "there was blood and a single gunshot but just who shot who?"

Agreed that is silly. While it can be tricky to work out who shot someone, it is not often that complicated to work out who was shot. And if it is, then maybe it doesn't matter so much?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 01/07/2020 at 12:14, Woodinblack said:

Has "Every lyric written by Ronnie James Dio" been mentioned yet?

Not so much factually incorrect, more totally inconherant.

with such gems as "Ride the tiger, You can see his stripes but you know he's clean, Oh don't you see what I mean? " - no Ronnie, we don't.

" Race for the morning You can hide in the sun 'till you see the light "

" It's like broken glass You get cut before you see it "

" You've got wings of steel But they never really move you You only seem to crawl "

" Don't hide in doorways You may find the key that opens up your soul "

 

You are trying to sneak facts in here, the broken glass thing makes perfect sense. Even broken glass can be largely transparent, so the probability of sustaining a laceration before visually identifying the potential harm is high.

Edited by adamg67

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...