Why become a member? ×

Don’t all rush at once.

33 minutes ago, Dan Dare said:

It could be just the perspective in the photo, but that fret spacing looks mighty odd. Obviously a homemade neck. Perhaps the 'luthier' just cut the slots where he felt like it and hammered in the wire.

That's what it looks like to me. 😬

I want this. 

I'm not even kidding. That's a Squier Bronco bridge and I need one for my Kay I've just restored as it's 17mm spacing. 

He can save on postage by burning the rest and sending me the bridge. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Maude said:

I want this. 

I'm not even kidding. That's a Squier Bronco bridge and I need one for my Kay I've just restored as it's 17mm spacing. 

I knew someone was looking for one

9 hours ago, Maude said:

I want this. 

Well the seller was not burning all his bridges by posting it on ebay..

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Maude said:

I want this. 

£21 still with eight days to go, and for that reason, I'm out! 

With £15 postage I didn't really want to go much more than the one pound opening bid. What the hell do people see in this shite? 

34 minutes ago, Maude said:

£21 still with eight days to go, and for that reason, I'm out! 

With £15 postage I didn't really want to go much more than the one pound opening bid. What the hell do people see in this shite? 

Unless those tuners are worth something? Look like cheap shiny repro ones to me though, a certain connoisseur of vintage basses from faraway lands might know. I actually have a tele style 2 saddle bridge from an old Kay in my parts box but just checked and it's standard Fender spacing. You're welcome to it if you want, it's horrible though.

On 21/04/2020 at 17:54, lemmywinks said:

Unless those tuners are worth something? Look like cheap shiny repro ones to me though, a certain connoisseur of vintage basses from faraway lands might know.

You can buy tuners - sorry, turners - like that brand new on Ebay for a tenner.

Abandoned "projects" like this always amaze me from the perspective that they can progress so far before the person finally realises they lack any of the necessary ability, understanding, competence, skill, or any grasp of basic proportions and aesthetics. Or, evidently, any appropriate tools or materials. Or presumably even one of those free paper tape measures from Ikea.

I'm finding the back view a little upsetting. It's been nailed together, hasn't it? With actual nails.

3 hours ago, Bassassin said:

I'm finding the back view a little upsetting. It's been nailed together, hasn't it? With actual nails.

To be fair I think they are just screw holes.

I notice its has 'plate was lost' written on what I thought was the end of the neck, but looking closely the grain shows it's a through neck.