Why become a member? ×

Warwick to become 'Exclusive Licensee' to Sadowsky!

warwickhunt

4 hours ago, Drax said:

Related to the ‘turn offs’ thread - genuine question but would anyone Not buy a bass solely because of the headstock logo? 

These ‘Sadowskys’ are an interesting test. 

Not a turn off for me as such, but man alive did they drop the ball with that afterthought. Talk about spoil the ship for ha'p'orth of tar.

7 hours ago, Drax said:

Related to the ‘turn offs’ thread - genuine question but would anyone Not buy a bass solely because of the headstock logo? 

These ‘Sadowskys’ are an interesting test. 

Plenty people buy a bass because of the headstock logo despite it being possibly inferior to another make....

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/09/2020 at 13:07, Doctor J said:

Sadowsky Metroline Vintage J 4-21 Whale blue Lim Edition

Slight B stock bass with a small area in between the pickups where the colour has been sanded off in production, the finish is perfectly smooth and has the clear coat applied so it only a visual issue.

Hence bargain knock down £2.6K 

On 03/09/2020 at 12:50, LukeFRC said:

is that finish already marked between the pickups?!

Everything that Warwick does with this brand in the first months will be under the microscope. I can't imagine that bass would have got through Sadowsky QC.

I understand Roger Sadowsky bigging up the business relationship, but are we seeing a difference in Warwick QC?

If someone posted this “I made a bass in my shed, and while I’m happy with my first attempt at a hand stained burst finish - I know what I’d do to make it better...”

I’d be really supportive.

But that, coupled with the “we sanded through the finish - but clear coated it anyhow...” is a bit of a joke.

6B5EF8B1-7AB8-4726-B020-92471EAEDAB0.jpeg

• Like 1

This is an odd one. I don't mind the ding on the front too much because at least is is being sold as B stock, but the finish on the back looks a little bit dodgy for a nearly £3k instrument. My old Warwick Streamer which cost me way less than this (used), looks better.

I was really close to ordering a new Sadowsky, either a Metro or a Satin, just as the Warwick agreement was announced. Seeing these new Metro's kind of makes me glad that I went with a different builder.

It's also interesting that they are listed on the Warwick website, but have no mention on Sadowsky's.