Why become a member? ×

The lesser of the Minogue sisters appearing in the west country next year

Barking Spiders

On 20/12/2018 at 13:41, Barking Spiders said:

So, does  anyone among us ageing geezers think she is a 'legend' and deserving of the slot?

For over 30 years, KM has been a hugely successful artist selling millions of records and playing to sell out world tours. So why don't you tell us why she doesn't qualify to play the legend spot at Glastonbury.

And you've got to come up with a better reason than "I don't like her".

• Like 1

I have to say I have always appreciated her, but never been a fan.

Saw her on her recent tour, yes she has a ‘quiet’ voice as opposed to weak, but we all can’t have a foghorn.

She was plainly very very very good - show had the right amount of everything, band were good and tight and the bassist uses a Sandberg.

Happy days, well deserved IMO

• Like 1

Bizarre how the Glastonbury line up gets such press. In years gone by, many more people went and no one knew / cared who was playing.

I’d say Kylie is a closer fit to what the festival was always about, more so than a band like Metallica / the Stones. 

On 21/12/2018 at 09:54, Silvia Bluejay said:

Hm. While I'm not a big fan of either Minogue, I believe Kylie has worked hard throughout her career, and thoroughly deserves being called a pop legend. (Pop, that is, memorable, lightweight, singalong stuff.)

I wonder whether some of you would have the same dismissive attitude if Justin Timberlake - or some other comparable male artist - had been offered the slot. Including the mention of his derrière 'trousersnake' I think it was, in his case.

I once took my teen daughter to see JT live and to be fair he put on a very good show and the fella can actually sing as well as write is own songs. Talentwise I'd say he's several notches above KM. I've nothing against pop and recognise there are some performers who do what they do very well and without the need for autotune or the help of pro songwriters. When there was all that palaver about Jay Z and Kanye West headlining I wasn't one of those getting all irate. Rap is the most popular genre worldwide and they're its two biggest stars. I'm not bothered about KM having the legend slot, just surprised.

Edited by Barking Spiders

On 27/12/2018 at 18:23, TheGreek said:

Anybody else watch her Xmas Special? Disastrous!! 

If I was considering paying to see her (which I wasn't) I'd be putting my credit cards back into my wallet. 

I saw a bit of that and soon turned over. The Hyde Park show was much better and should be more like will be at Glastonbury and the Eden Project.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arthurhenry said:

Can you explain what you mean? It appears to be misogynistic tripe, but I may have misunderstood.

No you haven't misunderstood at all. Full blown, tongue in cheek, misogynistic tripe.

As the first line of the original post is about finding Danni a hundred times sexier than her sister I thought maybe the eternally offended wouldn't be following this thread with any great interest, but you've caught me out. 

I'll still stand by my statement though, but will elaborate even though it will detract from it's original comedic intention. If Danni, Kylie and myself were all single and willing and no one else would be hurt or upset by the act, I could see myself being physically attracted to them. Obviously with myself being married with kids and the Minogues possibly being in relationships this won't ever actually be happening. 

It doesn't quite have the punch of the original line but there you, you can't have everything. 

🙂

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Cuzzie said:

@Maude Considering you are an attractive bloke, have you not negotiated a free pass for a minogue on the off chance?

I already have a free pass for Keira Knightley should the opportunity present itself so wouldn't want to push my luck. 

P.S. This is also tongue in cheek........ maybe 🤔😃

@MaudeYou are lucky - I had high aspirations of such but owing to my face to match my voice for radio best I could realistically muster was probably Marilyn Manson so the pass remains in-negotiated.

Hoping I may mature like a fine claret

Edited by Cuzzie
  • Haha 1