Why become a member? ×

Mini Helix - HX Stomp...

Musicman20

1 hour ago, HazBeen said:

Okay, how am I going to sell this to the mrs... 

Maybe I should start a service where people can send new goods to me and I will repackaged them to look secondhand then ship them out to their destination. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, CameronJ said:

It may not do an OC2 sound, but it does has an octaver patch modelled specifically on the EBS Octabass which is a great sounding analogue pedal. I’d say the OC2 is a bit more synthy whereas the Octabass is more growly. Additionally, there’s an updated model of the Mutron III envelope filter in the Helix which could feasibly kick the stompbox equivalent off our boards too. Need to find a demo of that particular effect block on the Helix...

You can get closer to an OC-2 using one of the other random effects that's not even an octaver, pitchringmod or something. I did post the settings elsewhere a long time ago!

Is that a new Mutron model? I wasn't blown away by the filters when I last dipped my toes in, but a decent Mutron would probably seal the deal for me!

1 hour ago, Dood said:

Maybe I should start a service where people can send new goods to me and I will repackaged them to look secondhand then ship them out to their destination. 

Good idea! Although I have done the “what do you mean new, have had it for ages” routine too often and she has caught on. No the solution probably is to take her shoe shopping.... so I probably need to spend 600. Bargain ;

1 hour ago, Dood said:

Kinda of relic'ing pedals, right? Yup that could definitely catch on. After all there's a whole bunch of folk who passionately prefer their basses to look fake. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Rats! 🐀🐀🐀Just had an email from Andertons saying that they will be getting their order on 5 November. That's an age. I'm sure they said it would be in stock today on their website when I ordered yesterday. 😬

Funnily enough I was just wondering, sure it said October yesterday.... 

9 hours ago, BigRedX said:

I only need to use more than 6 blocks if I have snapshots with very different sounds in them that I get by turning on and off blocks.

Without snapshots and without having dedicated footswitches to turn blocks off and on, I doubt that only having 6 blocks is going to be a massive problem to most people.

However I personally couldn't live without the snapshot function as there is too much latency when switching between very different sounds without using snapshots.

I had missed the lack of Snapshots.

that would be a breaker for me too.

1 hour ago, dannybuoy said:

Is that a new Mutron model? I wasn't blown away by the filters when I last dipped my toes in, but a decent Mutron would probably seal the deal for me!

It’s a “Helix grade” Mutron model which I guess means it involves their component-level-emulation tech. I remember the old Mutron model on my Line 6 M5 which wasn’t bad but certainly would never dethrone the likes of my Fwonkbeta. I’d be interested to hear the newer Mutron model with bass - I may ask the goodly folk in the HX thread over on Talkbass.

1 minute ago, Quatschmacher said:

Nah, The Netherlands has legal prostitution so there’s stiff competition.

Don't recall anyone mentioning anything as sordid as prostitution (until now)? 😂 I'm suggesting a one-off outright spousal sale (to a very good home) and for a large capital sum to fund all future pedal purchases whilst getting rid of the need to seek permission for such future purchases at the same time. 

I hope you can start seeing the merit in the suggestion?

4 hours ago, bassfan said:

It def said 5th October yesterday @Al Krow are you ok? Do you need any support to cope with the delay? 😂

I'm a bit annoyed by their antics. Had a similar faff when the B3n came out in the first part of last year with the thing taking forever to actually arrive. 

I'll re-order when stock has genuinely arrived in the UK (and not necessarily from Andertons).

Anyway at least it takes the pressure off me to get a review done for you by cob Tuesday 😛

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

I'm a bit annoyed by their antics. Had a similar faff when the B3n came out in the first part of last year with the thing taking forever to actually arrive. 

I'll re-order when stock has genuinely arrived in the UK (and not necessarily from Andertons).

Anyway at least it takes the pressure off me to get a review done for you by cob Tuesday 😛

Do you have every Tuesday dedicated to eating bread rolls then?!

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, HazBeen said:

Okay, how am I going to sell this to the mrs... 

I reckon if you tell her it has the option to split and merge the signal path she’ll be ok with it. If that fails, hit her with the fact it has a new mutron patch. Should work :)

• Thanks 1

@CameronJ - I did see that and had a little smile. You now know why I was first off the mark in ordering one 😂

Do you think I should ask for a freebie as they have infringed my brand?!

2 minutes ago, Bridgehouse said:

Why would @Al Krow want to plug his into an old Amstrad Emailer though?!

Ah Amstrad gear... I wasted sooooo much time playing crappy computer games on an Amstrad CPC 464 in my 'youf'! 😂

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ped said:

I reckon if you tell her it has the option to split and merge the signal path she’ll be ok with it. If that fails, hit her with the fact it has a new mutron patch. Should work :)

I had to read that twice.

For a brief mo I thought you were advocating domestic abuse to top @Quatschmacher's earlier proposal of general pimping 🤣

• Haha 1