Why become a member? ×

Mini Helix - HX Stomp...

Musicman20

Ooooh, my resistance to getting a Helix has finally just crumbled!!

Zoom B3N going back to off-board headphone duties (for when I need to keep the neighbours happy).

Not sure I'm going to be needing that larger PT board any more. Best go cancel that order that I'd just placed with Thomann, for it then...wait! A BC thread that's going to end up SAVING me money?! 

And the only proper concern for you @Dood is how you're gonna spend the surplus from your Helix HX savings, now you no longer need it? Your mini board with this, a set of Valetons and the recently become uber-good-value TC pedals, can finally become a reality! 😀

Can't wait for this Helix mini to arrive! 

Edited by Al Krow
Lol! A BC thread SAVING me money? Of course, it was too good to be true!
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Ooooh, my resistance to getting a Helix has finally just crumbled!!

Zoom B3N going back to off-board headphone duties (for when I need to keep the neighbours happy).

Not sure I'm going to be needing that larger PT board any more. Best go cancel that order that I'd just placed with Thomann, for it then...wait! A BC thread that's going to end up SAVING me money?! 

And the only proper concern for you @Dood is how you're gonna spend the surplus from your Helix HX savings, now you no longer need it? Your mini board with this, a set of Valetons and the recently become uber-good-value TC pedals, can finally become a reality! 😀

Can't wait for this Helix mini to arrive! 

You know me so well.... 

Edited by Dood

18 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

I think I'll use the surplus on a really small MIDI controller (like the tech 21) for fast access to different patches.

images-2.jpeg

31 minutes ago, Dood said:

I think I'll use the surplus on a really small MIDI controller (like the tech 21) for fast access to different patches.

So I was actually researching that very subject (of midi controllers) yesterday and ended up putting in an order for the One Control Gecko Mk III which I think is actually as good / if not better than (and also a little cheaper than) the Tech 21 midi mouse.

http://www.one-control.com/gecko-mkiii-midi-switcher.html

£106 from DV247

Be very interested to get your thoughts and see if you agree?

Edited by Al Krow

Just cancelled my PT Classic 1 and Tour Case order.

If my B3n is going to be off-board and on headphone amp duty, I also no longer need a TC Spectradrive (so I'm glad its going to be a keeper for you this time Dave 😀)

Wow this pedal (and thread) should have already covered it's costs. When has that ever happened before to me on BC? 🤣

Edited by Al Krow
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, HazBeen said:

Just saw it 469 quid on Andertons. Not cheap, but man that is one feature packed pedal....... well done L6

🤑 🤑 🤑 £469 - ouch !!! Ok that has put a little bit of a dampener on the Krow party 

More feature packed than it's bigger sibling the Helix HX which is on at £399 at Andertons?

But they're already out then?!

2 hours ago, Dood said:

Soz Dood, turns out there were no savings to be had! 😥

Edited by Al Krow

6 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

🤑 🤑 🤑 £469 - ouch !!! Ok that has put a little bit of a dampener on the Krow party 

More feature packed than it's bigger sibling the Helix HX which is on at £399 at Andertons?

But they're already out then?!

On pre-Order released tomorrow......

12 minutes ago, Osiris said:

According to the YouTube video I linked to above, the stomp has the amp and cab modelling that is missing from the HX. That's where your money will be going. Or not as maybe!

It also has dedicated aux in + headphone out which, together with the lack of cab sims were my two biggest gripes about the HX and the key reasons I didn't want to upgrade from my Zoom B3n.

And above all, I love the compact form factor.

2 minutes ago, bassfan said:

@Al Krow are you on the Anderson’s website now, breaking into a sweat, credit card in one hand, the other hovering over the confirm payment button? 😂

Haha! Ok I'm completely sold - and yup, really, truly my resistance to getting a Helix has finally just crumbled!! Blood*y hell these 9 days of "not buying" any gear are proving expensive!!

Edited by Al Krow
  • Haha 3