Why become a member? ×

Stainless Steel Bass

Jabba_the_gut

I can't decide if if a cylindrical neck would make fretting hand muting easier or harder.

It'd probably require a bit of adjustment on the left hand slap/percussive mute (not sure what the technical name is) thingy though.

Edited by Cato

I think it's intriguing, would love a shot on one. IMO the model in the video's pretty ugly, but there are a couple of different styles available. [url="http://stashstainlessbass.com/shop/stash-stainless-model-e"]This one's much more like it[/url], IMO.

[quote name='Jabba_the_gut' timestamp='1479070981' post='3173747']
And another website of some quite different basses....

[url="http://www.atlansiaguitars.com/Bass-Guitar.php?type=bass"]Another lot of different designs[/url]
[/quote]

There's some fun-looking stuff there. I like the one with f-holes, but what are those 8-pole pups all about then?

[quote name='SICbass' timestamp='1479124150' post='3174056']
Wouldn't tuning with temperature variations be a bit of a nightmare?
[/quote]

IME from owning an all steel Born To Rock Bass, the tuning is actually more stable because the body and the strings (made of similar materials) act more evenly to changes in temperature compared with a wooden bass.

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1479125125' post='3174069']

IME from owning an all steel Born To Rock Bass, the tuning is actually more stable because the body and the strings (made of similar materials) act more evenly to changes in temperature compared with a wooden bass.
[/quote]

Really. That's interesting, I hadn't thought about it like that.