Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

[quote name='mcgraham' post='1300691' date='Jul 12 2011, 10:01 AM']I love that less than a year ago you sold all your effects and went down to a Mini with the aim of 'keeping it simple'...

'O how art thou fallen'...

:)[/quote]
lol, I was thinking the same thing when I saw his latest board.

seriously nice setup though :)

[quote name='mcgraham' post='1300691' date='Jul 12 2011, 10:01 AM']I love that less than a year ago you sold all your effects and went down to a Mini with the aim of 'keeping it simple'...

'O how art thou fallen'...

:)[/quote]

[quote name='escholl' post='1300698' date='Jul 12 2011, 10:06 AM']lol, I was thinking the same thing when I saw his latest board.

seriously nice setup though :lol:[/quote]

A year ago doing the live electronics was a pipe dream...

... This is the reality :)

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='1300677' date='Jul 12 2011, 09:46 AM']The slicer syncs easy - Just plug in the midi plug with a clock going and it instantly snaps to tempo. Remove the plug and it instantly reverts to whatever tempo you had it running at before. DD-20 has no midi capability unfortunately... If it did it would be a better unit that the Eventide Timefactor IMHO.

I use and old Red Sound Voyager for my midi clock (middle of board 2). You can either set it to any tempo between 90 and 180 bpm and off it goes, or its reads any other audio source you feed it, calculates the tempo and generates a clock in time. I feed it with the metronome that we both listen to so the midi clock is perfectly synced to the click we use.[/quote]

I guess I saw the midi port on the back of the slicer and just assumed the DD-20 had one too. Does the red sound voyager output tap tempo which could be fed to the DD-20? I've never heard of that device but it looks great! (and discontinued :) )

[quote name='xgsjx' post='1301130' date='Jul 12 2011, 03:13 PM']Would it be possible to tier your boards?
You could make a good solid stand that goes along each side & the back of the bottom of the upper board.

I'm full of great ideas me! :)[/quote]

I actually had a look at this after the suggestion of having 1 on a keyboard stand and all the main control units on a floor system. At the end of the day it seemed like too much hard work, when this works fine.

[quote name='cheddatom' post='1301138' date='Jul 12 2011, 03:21 PM']I guess I saw the midi port on the back of the slicer and just assumed the DD-20 had one too. Does the red sound voyager output tap tempo which could be fed to the DD-20? I've never heard of that device but it looks great! (and discontinued :) )[/quote]

I wish the DD20 had midi. The Voyager (which is amazing even though discontinued) only outputs midi clock and only accepts L/R phono input from up to 2 sources at once (it calculates two available BPM's and then you select one - so you can have another tempo at the ready). The DD-20 has an external input for tap tempo if you don't want to have to share your mode select foot switch with tap tempo.

I have never bothered though as the readout on the DD-20 can be changed from milisec's to BPM so I can dial in an exact tempo.

Shep

[attachment=84587:IMAG0347.jpg]

Fender Jag > Sansamp Bass Driver > Sovtek Bassballs > AKAI Head Rush > Green Sovtek Big Muff > Boss V-Wah (only use Uni Vibe setting as i dont like any of the wah sounds) And also a channel selector / Mute ? tuner for my TC Electronics RH 450

All my patch cables are Switch craft / Mogami Cables

Allthough i want way more pedals, this is the pedalboard i have for now... Looking for a oc-2 next to make a dreamy synth tone coupled with the big muff and bassballs

Edited by Jag_Bassist

Here's my homemade effort, Sampson AP1B wireless, Blackpedal homemade opto compressor, Forbes Fuzzy Bunny mk2 Mammoth clone, Lack of Talent Compensator Unit deluxe bazz fuss, Planet Waves tuner and Ibanez SB7 Synth. I have a pedal building thing going on just now and I have a homemade fulltone bassdrive to add soon. This board was built partially to shame our lead guitarist into using some effects!!!

Blurry rehearsal shot, going to get a pedal board to fit all the pedals so i dont have to constantly rewire it for different gigs. Still I love it and them

L-R

EBS, Bassiq, Octobass, Sansamp Programmable Deluxe, TC Tuner, EBS Unichorus. Tru Bypass loop, with TC Nova Delay and below an Artec Vintage Tremelo.

To the right some Eko Bass Pedals

[quote name='deej' post='1302645' date='Jul 13 2011, 05:58 PM']Whats the sfx pedal?[/quote]

Custom built blender/switcher.

Its got 2 loops which has got got fuzz in one and synth in the other. Lets me swap channels with 1 tap. also its got a pedal so i can scroll down on the deep impact.

Few tweaks to my home/studio board

Going to get my PT Mini back at home and setup a more respectable PT Jr with none of the pedals featured here.

TBH the PT JR shown here really is a fun with tube amps board and then the mini will be the wierd noise board and everything on the PT Jr can be run on batteries for ages.

Signal chain is Kimbara (Shin Ei) Wah -> Fender Vol/Tone -> Mojo Hand Colossus -> Mojo Hand Huckleberry -> Tone Factor Cream Pie -> Dod 250 -> EHX Nano Muff - > Mojo Hand 442 (Bass) - Subdecay Noisebox -> Subdecay Prometheus -> Subdecay Echobox

Edited by tayste_2000