Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

Got my DHA VT2 today, used it this evening!
It's fantastic, so much nice than the Sansamp BDDI it's replaced!

Shame it's too tall to fit in the pedal case really.

My board is now Tuner, chorus and the VT2

Edited by bartelby

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='1278918' date='Jun 22 2011, 07:23 PM']That's about th best bet I think. Think I may give up on that idea. I've just upgraded to a Tourman AND a Showman so I can have all my exp pedals and external control units on a board for set up/breakdown ease. I'm ashamed to admit that I eithe need 2 Tourman or to cut some stuff out... :) Why are MoogerFoogers so bloody big!!!!![/quote]

Just need some custom cabling with 20-pin connectors on each end. And a robot to set it up. And bionic arms to carry everything.

Hmm.

Dan

You could always ask the drummer to leave the floor tom & take a minimalistic kit if the stage is too small, or maybe even get him one of these...

:)

Actually, I'd love to have a drummer/percussionist with one!

[quote name='DanOwens' post='1279432' date='Jun 23 2011, 10:23 AM']Just need some custom cabling with 20-pin connectors on each end. And a robot to set it up. And bionic arms to carry everything.[/quote]
[url="http://www.audiopile.net/products/Patch_snakes/EDAC_Patch_Snakes/EDAC_CLOSEUP_400w.jpg"]multi-pin EDAC connector should do the trick[/url]. instantly makes your gear look way cooler too haha. :)

Shep, although you don't want a keyboard, what about putting some of the ones you want to tweak live on a pedalboard that can go on a table? That way you could have a proper two-tier thing - one you operate with your feet with TB loops or controller to control those on the table top board, and then the table top one allows you to fiddle with settings as you go.

[quote name='mcgraham' post='1280894' date='Jun 24 2011, 12:53 PM']Shep, although you don't want a keyboard, what about putting some of the ones you want to tweak live on a pedalboard that can go on a table? That way you could have a proper two-tier thing - one you operate with your feet with TB loops or controller to control those on the table top board, and then the table top one allows you to fiddle with settings as you go.[/quote]

I've seen more and more bands doing this.
Most of the time I assumed it was because the band member were old and didn't like to bend down all the time.
:)

[quote name='bartelby' post='1281126' date='Jun 24 2011, 03:29 PM']I've seen more and more bands doing this.
Most of the time I assumed it was because the band member were old and didn't like to bend down all the time.
:)[/quote]

I actually had to do this cos of back problems, at the ripe old age of 19...

[quote name='bobbass4k' post='1281135' date='Jun 24 2011, 03:38 PM']I actually had to do this cos of back problems, at the ripe old age of 19...[/quote]

If I'm at home noodling then the pedals are on the table.
If I'm gigging or practicing then I don't tend to adjust anything...
Not due to back problems, but every joint and muscle problems.

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='1280993' date='Jun 24 2011, 01:57 PM']Mark,

That's the best idea yet... One I'll consider. And if 2 Tourman boards won't fit stage wise that's a solution to move one up... Interesting...[/quote]

Luke who plays guitar in 'From the Kites of San Quentin' has a diago board on a keyboard stand:

Yea I'd say there are some interesting sounds and textures in there, but really fragmented and disjointed such that it's hard to enjoy any of it. Casting some vision out there, if they added a drummer (in the JoJo Mayer vein), an acoustic guitar for some definition and texture to the musical backdrop, and some backing/alternate vocals to give the vocals some depth, I could see that shaping something out of their current sound that I'd be very interested in listening to.