Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

[quote name='chrismuzz' post='1239856' date='May 22 2011, 12:23 AM']I use the Dist setting
Gain at about 2 o clock
Volume at 10 o clock
Treble at 11 o clock
Bass at 1 o clock
Freq between 11 and 12
Contour at 4 o clock

It's a very extreme and unusual setting, but has great results! Very fuzzy almost Cliff-Burton esque sound when used on its own, or coupled with the Sansamp its an insanely aggressive driven sound. To my ears it actually sounds better than a distorted VT bass![/quote]

Interesting, thanks, i've only really used low gain settings on bass. I'll try to get it fuzzy some time!

Although for the last few years I've been very used to having a sizeable board, a slight change in direction of my band's music, coupled with university work which has reduced gigging and two knackered shoulder, I'm really considering downsizing. I've already been forced to, going from a 12/13 pedal set up down to just a few essentials (Tuner, Compressor, Pre/DI, Overdrive, Fuzz, Phaser and Octaver), from Diago Tourman down to a Pedal Train Jnr. Thing is I still want to use my Reverb, Chorus and Delay pedals and even though I probably won't be using my Korg G5 live anymore, I still want to have some filter effects so I'm considering 3leaf Groove Regulator 2, which would work well with my octave and fuzz. It doesn't look like this down sizing is going to last very long to be honest! I don't even use an effects looper anymore thanks to lack of space, which I sorely miss live.

Major gas to shift my CEB-3 for a UniChorus or an Analogman Mini w/Blend and deep mod, and possibly to get a different fuzz pedal, although I love my Bass Big Muff, I am tempted by something with better control of the clean blend. And I'll probably end up getting an OC-2 or a BOD aswell to replace my much loved OC-3...

Yeah I have indeed considered the M9, but for it's even relatively small footprint, if it were only to replace my delay, reverb and chorus, it would take the same space on my board. The possibilities of the extra sounds in the unit though are very tempting, I could ditch most of my set up for one, that I am sure but even so my seperate stomps nag me to stay faithful.

cheddatom - Yeah, I used a Korg AX3000B for years.

Really, the only solution, if I want to keep my large set up is to put up with a large board or if I want to downsize a little but retain the same sounds, to buy an M9 and quit whining! I just don't really know what to do though. I'm gonna put everything on my new Pedal Train Jnr and see how much space I have to spare and then go from there. I'll probably end up getting a pedaltrain 2 or 3 as they look like more reasonable and manageable sizes than my Tourman.

Pedaltrain 2 with hard case = pain in the arse, Pedaltrain 2 with the soft case works really well, sling it over your shoulder and walk to the stage job done!

[quote name='EskimoBassist' post='1243259' date='May 24 2011, 06:50 PM']Yeah I have indeed considered the M9, but for it's even relatively small footprint, if it were only to replace my delay, reverb and chorus, it would take the same space on my board. The possibilities of the extra sounds in the unit though are very tempting, I could ditch most of my set up for one, that I am sure but even so my seperate stomps nag me to stay faithful.

cheddatom - Yeah, I used a Korg AX3000B for years.

Really, the only solution, if I want to keep my large set up is to put up with a large board or if I want to downsize a little but retain the same sounds, to buy an M9 and quit whining! I just don't really know what to do though. I'm gonna put everything on my new Pedal Train Jnr and see how much space I have to spare and then go from there. I'll probably end up getting a pedaltrain 2 or 3 as they look like more reasonable and manageable sizes than my Tourman.[/quote]

Looking lush!

For a second there I thought you had two MF-101s! (now that could be interesting).

Ever tried a MuRF? You might get good use out of a Bass or Midi MuRF as you can tempo sync them (BM only via CV or click, so could be taken from your existing click. The MM via Midi as well).
Might be worth an investigation.

I've got the BM & love it, but in the current band the sequencer on it doesn't get used enough for my liking. It does get used for filtered sweepy & OD sounds alot tho :)

I've had a good play with the Murf… In essence the Slicer does a 'similar' job of the sequencer side and between everything else I have I can recreate the filtered sounds. You could argue that it could therefore replace a few pedals on the board, but the only reason I haven't is that the slicer has a pattern that formed the basis of a popular track we play and so for now at least it has to stay…

I'm sure i'll get a Murf one day though :)

Actually 2 LPF's would be amazing… one generating dark dubstep wobbles via the MP-201 and the other on expression sweep to swell in and out the wobbles…. hmmmm

[quote name='Truckstop' post='1244360' date='May 25 2011, 03:21 PM']What's the silver expression pedal/footswitchy thing off the pedal to the front? A line selector?

Truckstop[/quote]

Its a Moog MP-201 - [url="http://www.moogmusic.com/products/controllers/mp-201-multi-pedal"]http://www.moogmusic.com/products/controll...201-multi-pedal[/url]

4 Expression pedals controlling CV, LFO generator, Envelope generator, Noise Gate, Midi tempo sync & flashy light machine

[quote name='xgsjx' post='1244353' date='May 25 2011, 03:16 PM']You can make your own patterns on the Midi Murf (I'd have had one had they been out a year & a bit earlier).

Giving you gas? :)[/quote]

Not at the mo… but only because I don't have space for another pedal :)

Nothing too fancy on mine, it does the trick great though. I've only just found a use for the looping function on the Head Rush though (I was thinking about getting rid of it for the amount of space it uses up, plus its lack of use!) but I'll probably keep it now. Before I picked that up, I was using an EHX Echo #1 which was OK, but didn't have tap tempo and suffered a noticeable volume drop.

I'm really proud of the board itself as I made it from an old drill case I had to take to bits and modify, so that the lid could lift all the way off as opposed to it opening from one side only (a tough, time-consuming job for someone who's not a DIY enthusiast!). The case is lined with a rubber car floor mat (from Wilko- old faithful) which glitters under stage lights (the photo doesn't show it up well). The only thing is, I'd love to add more pedals and can't bring myself to replace anything!

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='1243838' date='May 25 2011, 08:22 AM']No real changes here, but the cabling is all neat and tidy now. This has proven to do it's job for me very well! Corvid fuzz likey to be replaced with a gated fuzz very soon. Other than that - it's all staying!

[/quote]

nice board!

im so tempted even tho i'd have such a little use for it to get myself a whammy! i know it doesnt track all that well but hows it work on bass?

andy

[quote name='nipplebass' post='1259062' date='Jun 6 2011, 10:23 PM']here's my newly completed board!

Left over laminate flooring came in handy. All effects running through the VT's loop![/quote]

nice one! What wood is it? I bet it's heavy!!

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers man, I should really get a baby quasar again or a quasar deluxe since I can see where it would go if I dropped the Chili boost off the board :) and move the noise box to it's place.

I've got another picture with this all wired up and my Kimbara wah, I should really send it you to try it so cool probably not your thing due to the subtley well that and that fact the switch is near knackered on it.

I just need to find a way to directly upload my recordings from the Ipad onto the web and then I'll get into full on soundclip mode again.

I am just about to get an ipad2, what do you recommend as the best software to use for recording on them?

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='1272410' date='Jun 17 2011, 09:10 AM']Cheers man, I should really get a baby quasar again or a quasar deluxe since I can see where it would go if I dropped the Chili boost off the board :) and move the noise box to it's place.

I've got another picture with this all wired up and my Kimbara wah, I should really send it you to try it so cool probably not your thing due to the subtley well that and that fact the switch is near knackered on it.

I just need to find a way to directly upload my recordings from the Ipad onto the web and then I'll get into full on soundclip mode again.[/quote]