Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

Mines kinda changing too....well getting better organised really, with at least one addition...MAYBE two if I can fit it huh shep :)

My problem at the moment is just arrangement, I'm using big chunky patch cables, what are you using Shep? the connectors seem pretty small, still decent quality cabling I assume?

Cheers
Si

[quote name='Ruiner' timestamp='1316504282' post='1378784']
Hey Wooks,

How does the OK sound on bass? Does it suck out much low end?
[/quote]

It's sharp as hell and sucks out quite a bit of your lows, which is cool if you want that. I got the Darkglass for when I want to keep the low end there.

What I did find was that if you used an OK and a Bass Big Muff at the same time, it was amazing, and kept the bass end there still.

I've had a bit of a reshuffle on my pedalboard, moved across to a PT-Jr to give me a little more space and to neaten things up considerably. Still playing with a small board, thanks to being at Uni and thus having a tourman being a little excessive at the moment, but here's what I'm rocking:

Apologies for the grainy Blackberry pic. The powerstation is now mounted beneath the pedalboard to make it look a bit neater, I had my Dynaverb squished on there as well but it looked a bit cluttered and I only use it a few times so it's no big loss.

Would be nice to have my chorus on there, as well as my double looper etc, but needs must and it's bloody hard lugging a tourman on trains and buses! Never again!!

[quote name='Finbar' timestamp='1316816002' post='1383434']
Haven't had pedal GAS in such a long time :/ Something's wrong with me.
[/quote]

I'm about to go (almost) pedal free - this week, I shall be mostly using a Volume pedal, Tuner, Sansamp and compressor...

[url="http://www.bbc.co.uk/gloucestershire/voices2005/images/jesse_lead_203x152.jpg"][/url]

[quote name='I am not excane' timestamp='1316887262' post='1384116']

I dig this little board a lot. Which do you prefer, the Wren and Cuff or BB? Do you use both at the same time?
[/quote]

Thanks mate :)

Well, they're quite different beasts; the BB is far more prone to breaking up (even at low gain settings) than the Phat Phuk and is obviously more versatile due to the bass and treble EQ. The Phat Phuk doesn't do a great deal to your sound other than adds a tiny bit of grit and boosts something in the low-mid and high-mid ranges that compliments my base tone very nicely.

I've been using the BB as a low-gain grit pedal to fill out the sound for the more rocky numbers in my band's set while using the Phat Phuk either as an independent boost for solo breaks or to push the BB into a really organic, yet aggressive overdrive.

Edited by BigBassBob