Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

[quote name='BottomEndian' post='1304438' date='Jul 15 2011, 10:03 AM']You gigging any time soon, Dave? I'd be up for hearing a bit of that. (And having a squizz at yer Eko pedals. :) )[/quote]

Friday 16th September Quoits, Guisborough

Saturday 24th September Ulverston Coronation Hall

Tuesday 27th Sept 2011 Customs House Theatre, South Shields

Saturday October 15th Town Hall Hartlepool

Next few mate, would be good to see you.

Last nights board
Chain runs x2, mxr bef, hardwire tube od, markbass bass tube marker, loop with freeze ( since I use the latch setting it means I can have the drone easily switched on and off without having to do a double tap dance-type-thing), boss geb7 to late '60s Kelly tube head and Marshall jubilee 4x10 cab

[quote name='cheddatom' post='1310532' date='Jul 20 2011, 04:57 PM']nice! I'd happily gig with that board, it seems to have most bases covered[/quote]

Cheers Tom

I have never had so many effects, i joined used to just have a filter, sansamp and tuner and then I joined a bloody Floyd tribute lol :)

ATB

Dave

[quote name='cd_david' post='1310501' date='Jul 20 2011, 04:30 PM']New bigger board with everything on :)

[/quote]
You've got a bit of space on there for another couple of pedals, maybe a synth unit or a couple of moogs? :)

I love my new pedalboard :)

A board of 'essentials' (ha ha) plus one or two extras... to be expanded upon at some point, no doubt.

Back Row, L-R: Tech 21 VT Bass, Boss TU2 Tuner, Xotic Bass RC Booster, Radial Bigshot A/B box
Front Row, L-R: TC Electronic Nova Modulator, Xotic BB Bass Preamp, MXR Bass Octave Deluxe, Napalm A/B FX loop blender

Pedaltrain Junior.

Edited by Steve Amadeo

Here is mine :)

Still need to sort out a few labels for some sounds though.
The VT is quite likely to leave the board and I'm still waiting for a fuzz pedal and possibly a Synth too.

The Gigrig is an awesome bit of kit, it makes things so much easier when it comes to combine pedals and switch them on with just one click.

GL Custom Case.
The whole thing is powered via a Gigrig Generator and then Gigrig distributors.
George L and Lava cables for all connections and Pedalboard tape to stick the pedals to the board.

Edited by PauBass

[quote name='PauBass' post='1324503' date='Aug 2 2011, 04:45 PM']Here is mine :)
Still need to sort out a few labels for some sounds though.
The VT is quite likely to leave the board and I'm still waiting for a fuzz pedal and possibly a Synth too.

The Gigrig is an awesome bit of kit, it makes things so much easier when it comes to combine pedals and switch them on with just one click.

GL Custom Case.
The whole thing is powered via a Gigrig Generator and then Gigrig distributors.
George L and Lava cables for all connections and Pedalboard tape to stick the pedals to the board.[/quote]
awesome board.

i've swapped my VT bass for the b3k too. although i am holding onto it as back-up.

how come you're keeping the boss od (out of interest) ?

Edited by phil.i.stein

Haha I knew someone would mention the ODB-3! I really loved mine for the 4 years I used it live, not one complaint - it does what it does very well, especially in a band situation and there is a horrible prejudice built up around it which I don't think it deserves - generally as a result of people not understanding how to the get the most out of the pedal and hating the fizzy, bee sound which it generates with gain maxed.

Sorry I don't mean to rant on or be obnoxious - nice board PauBass!

[quote name='phil.i.stein' post='1324570' date='Aug 2 2011, 05:29 PM']awesome board.

i've swapped my VT bass for the b3k too. although i am holding onto it as back-up.

how come you're keeping the boss od (out of interest) ?[/quote]

B3K it a great pedal!
The ODB-3 is staying as it works really well for me, in fact I've tried many other more expensive ones and I always come back to it, it sounds awesome through my Aguilar and my Bergantino NV610!

[quote name='EskimoBassist' post='1324854' date='Aug 2 2011, 08:53 PM']Haha I knew someone would mention the ODB-3! I really loved mine for the 4 years I used it live, not one complaint - it does what it does very well, especially in a band situation and there is a horrible prejudice built up around it which I don't think it deserves - generally as a result of people not understanding how to the get the most out of the pedal and hating the fizzy, bee sound which it generates with gain maxed.

Sorry I don't mean to rant on or be obnoxious - nice board PauBass![/quote]

I know what you mean, I think, and my bandmates too, that the ODB-3 is a great pedal.

[quote name='EskimoBassist' post='1324854' date='Aug 2 2011, 08:53 PM']Haha I knew someone would mention the ODB-3! I really loved mine for the 4 years I used it live, not one complaint - it does what it does very well, especially in a band situation and there is a horrible prejudice built up around it which I don't think it deserves - generally as a result of people not understanding how to the get the most out of the pedal and hating the fizzy, bee sound which it generates with gain maxed.

Sorry I don't mean to rant on or be obnoxious - nice board PauBass![/quote]
cool, i've always been curious because of the negative comments, but never tried it myself. i may have to try one out and ignore the bad press.

[quote name='phil.i.stein' post='1324915' date='Aug 2 2011, 09:37 PM']cool, i've always been curious because of the negative comments, but never tried it myself. i may have to try one out and ignore the bad press.[/quote]

As i've said before, if it's good enough for the bassist from Karnivool, it's good enough for anyone.

Incidentally I think Karnivool use those gig rig switching systems - very cool and much more tidy than my tap dancing effort.

[quote name='cheddatom' post='1325401' date='Aug 3 2011, 11:12 AM']As i've said before, if it's good enough for the bassist from Karnivool, it's good enough for anyone.

Incidentally I think Karnivool use those gig rig switching systems - very cool and much more tidy than my tap dancing effort.[/quote]

+1 on the ODB-3. I had always been put off by the negative comments but I went ahead and tried one long, long time ago, is the only pedal that hasn't changed on my board since I bought it!

You are right on the Gigrig he uses one:

Some info on the Gigrig since some of you have asked my:

Th Gigrig is awesome, no more tap dancing :)
The Gigrig I have is the 14Pro. This one has 10 True Bypass effects loops and 14 programmable pre-sets stomps what means that 1 step on any of them you can select over any pedal combination you like, from one on it's own up to ten.
The Gigrig is much more than just a switching system, it can also control the channels in your amp if it has more than one, it can also be used as ABY box, if you were running two amps you could send effects only to one amp and clean signal to other, or effects to both, this is not a global setting you can have one setting on each of the 10 presets.
It has also tremolos built in, can power some of your pedals, controls reverbs in your amp, allows you to boost/cut volume on each of the presets independently, has a buffer on each preset so you can hit the effects harder or softer...
Yes, it's an expensive bit of kit but I see why so many Pro's use it. Second hand you can get them for nearly half the price of a new one, worth every penny in my opinion considering what you get for your money and how much some of the pedals we buy cost.