Why become a member? ×

What a drummer this guy isn't.

bubinga5

i very rarely criticise, and its all subjective of course. but this guys drumming is my worst nightmare. Too much ego, way too many fills. he's not playing for the music and really looses the groove., and in my opinion his want to showcase himself, has totally lost the point of the record.. he starts off great but its goes down hill.i cringe every time he puts another drum fill in there. [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g84jfjsZJ_I[/media]

Edited by bubinga5

Well he can certainly play but as said, he's not very sympathetic to the song. The silly mask / make up is a bit irritating but not relevant

The big faux pas is the horrible drum sound. Its an acoustic instrument and all those lovely responsive overtones have gone , and in place of that, he's left us with the sound of someone
playing a lump of Play Doh covered in cotton wool

Yuk

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1446843226' post='2902933']
But he's not playing in a band situation and is clearly doing it to show off his skills. Not my thing but fair play to him.
[/quote]it does make me wonder what his creative intentions might be in a band situation.

Edited by bubinga5

If he was showing off his skills, i wouldnt hire him. He can play, and he has the technique, but he just tripletted and falammed all over a track that didnt require it.

If he was just showing off his talent, he should have just played to a backing track or something

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1446843226' post='2902933']
But he's not playing in a band situation and is clearly doing it to show off his skills. Not my thing but fair play to him.
[/quote]

Why can't people see this? It's odd some people get worked up over stuff like this.

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1446857804' post='2903061']
im not getting bent out of shape bud. I'm saying he's over playing on top of this record.. i don't care if its a promo vid. its sh*t.
[/quote]

... and that other bloke playing over a 4/4-6/4 count isn't 'overplaying'..? I'm confused. :blink: