Why become a member? ×

What a drummer this guy isn't.

bubinga5

[quote name='Billy Apple' timestamp='1447593234' post='2908707']
Timing is a funny thing. Some have said his timing is bad, but I like a bit of slop that gives a dynamic. The bad drummers I work with are more like the type who drop sticks and forget songs altogether. Wish I could work with a drummer this bad!
[/quote]

I agree, some of the comments about him being all over the shop, baffle me. The guy can play. Look him up on you tube!

[quote name='Billy Apple' timestamp='1447593234' post='2908707']
Timing is a funny thing. Some have said his timing is bad, but I like a bit of slop that gives a dynamic. The bad drummers I work with are more like the type who drop sticks and forget songs altogether. Wish I could work with a drummer this bad!
[/quote]

Ha ha, tell me about it. We booked a studio for 12 hours on a Sunday a few years back. Drummer, who lived about 2 hours away (as did we all) arrived without sticks or cymbals. Four hours recording time lost right there. That's a bad drummer.

[quote name='Muzz' timestamp='1447756618' post='2909994']
We had a dep who turned up to a wedding gig an hour and a half away without a kick pedal... Now THAT'S a bad drummer... <_<
[/quote]

Not necessarily, it's just someone who is badly organised. There's probably lots of " great " drummers out there playing professionally, who are like this, but have someone to do it for them !